When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Submariner Story

dbutlerman

Hey Guys -

So, I am interested in getting a copy of The Submariner Story by Franca and Guido Mondani. But as you guys know - it runs around $600. Would anybody here be interested in splitting the cost? I have a big production Xerox Copier, and what I was thinking is that if we had like 30 people chip in $20 we could buy the book, I'd then go through and scan in all the Pages on my Color Xerox Scanner and make a big PDF out of it and make it available to those folks via PDF and then the people who bought into would be able to ship it around to each other if they wanted to take a look at the physical book.

If anybody is interested, let me know...

I downloaded that pdf too a long time ago. Thanks a lot gorilladame. I noticed it's missing the mark zero red sea dweller though. It was the reference book that made me confirm that PT 's 1665 lugholes were acceptable lol. I got two catalogue books myself, a vintage patek philippe one and a lange & sohne. They look so snazzy on the bookshelf.

i actually have the book- submariner story, special edition apparently., if i could find myself a big copier i would definitely make copies available to the great members here.

i also have the mondani 2 book collection on collecting modern and vintage rolex watches, the daytona book mentioned above, if i find myself a copier! i also have about 10 other books, but those are probably more common ones.

bought the damn book straight from the company, and he wanted 600 EUROS!, sucks that no one else had it, so i paid it. if someone in nyc somewhere has access to one of these big copiers!

For anyone interested in the Daytona Book, if you own an iPhone or iPad you can have it for just $12. It is available in the AppStore.

Although it's an iPhone App all the pictures (which are the most important part) are HD so you can also use it on your iPad without having to worry about the resolution.

Typical..... nice comment from someone on RG who I guess didn't like the fact that I made a comment about someone stealing my link.

...1st post huh? oh btw welcome to RepGeek!!! great way to introduce yourself. It's the internet, no permission needed...

No permission is not needed, but it is common courtesy to at least ask

If I remember right mastrmindalliance already made a nice PDF out of the book...

Saves money, even thou I only payed 400$ for a new one ;-)

Hey would have hosted/posted earlier was just waiting for the go ahead from you.

Well thanks to the RWG member for posting the link to my download site on repgeek (without asking and without my permission).

Hotlinking is a huge problem at this site. Especially the images to gen sites. I'm a member (mod actually) at another grey area hobby where hotlnking to anything official (equivalent to gen here) is strictly forbidden..

With that in mind, i have hosted the file and will post a link in the Platinum section when it can be located.

Edit: Just recieved word that the Plat section has been removed.

Dont really want dozens of PMs so link is here

Please be a gentleman and post here before reposting.

• 10 months later...