When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Mille Miglia Gran Turismo XL

DaMan

Hey!

I just received my new Chopard Mille Miglia Gran Turismo XL 2008 Limited Edition.

The first impression is very well. The weight is heavy (146g) and the size is big (44mm). I personally have a small wrist and have to decide if it looks foolish on my arm. So maybe I will sell it in a few days/weeks. But the watch itself looks great!

The dials printing is sharp and clear, the rubber strap is soft and can be worn very well.

Here are the first pics. The pictures are a bit dusty, but adequate for a first impression. If there are requests, I will take more and better pics next weekend.

Kind regards from germany!

DaMan

post-10819-0-16753000-1317740157.jpg

post-10819-0-35895100-1317740171.jpg

post-10819-0-11347900-1317740181.jpg

post-10819-0-28728600-1317740191.jpg

post-10819-0-85693300-1317740202.jpg

post-10819-0-13972400-1317740210.jpg

Additional notice:

The bracelet has a strong smell of cigarette smoke/tar, maybe there are a lot of harmful plasticizers (PAH) in rubber/oil in order to get the bracelet so super soft. So I exchanged the bracelet for a brown/mocca alligator band of Rios 1931 now. I will have a look at the Chopard Store in Hamburg and check the original bracelets. I hope Chopard will use better bands, if not I think I will exchange it for a black Alligator bracelet shown in the current Chopard Classic Racing Collection 2011 catalogue.

After wearing it 10 hours, my arm now smells really disgusting. *uaghs*

Additional notice:

The bracelet has a strong smell of cigarette smoke/tar, maybe there are a lot of harmful plasticizers (PAH) in rubber/oil in order to get the bracelet so super soft. So I exchanged the bracelet for a brown/mocca alligator band of Rios 1931 now. I will have a look at the Chopard Store in Hamburg and check the original bracelets. I hope Chopard will use better bands, if not I think I will exchange it for a black Alligator bracelet shown in the current Chopard Classic Racing Collection 2011 catalogue.

After wearing it 10 hours, my arm now smells really disgusting. *uaghs*

Some members boil there rubber straps....they say this can really calm that rubber/tar smell down.

I have never tried this method...so I cant personally say how well It works...but it does sound worth a try.

Might not hurt to look Into It....thats of course...you like the rubber strap enough to put in the effort.

Mike

Thank you!

Enclosed please find two pics showing the watch with a genuine Rios 1931 aligator strap. It looks very nice, but I prefer a black one. The price of the aligator strap is very high (164 €) but Rios offers a nice obe based on a delicious piece of beef: http://www.stetefeld...ion/panama.html

Last week I went to the Chopard Store in town and bought an original Chopard Rubber strap (108 €), which has a beautiful vanilla fragrance ... pic enclosed. If you look at the rubber straps it should be easy to see which one is original. The rubber itself is as smooth as the original strap.

Regards.

@spooky driver: my »normal« every day watch is a genuine GMT Master II.

post-10819-0-41774300-1318269155.jpg

post-10819-0-49638400-1318269188.jpg

post-10819-0-76178800-1318269209.jpg

Edited by DaMan

Have they improved the deployant clasps since the 1st or 2nd version of the XL's? Both the one I got with an original XL LE v2 and a second one I bought separately broke.

Also, I have seen an increase in the number of Chopards I am seeing in the wild. Chopard opened up a boutique in my neighborhood a couple of years ago but I haven't gotten close enough to one on a wrist in real life to see whether it is just an increase in rep sales. :lol: I still say the rep is one of the best out of the box.

i agree. I've done numerous hours of research before I purchased mine. I ended getting two since they were amazing out of box, ready to wear. Only obvious tells were AR is not so accurate. Don't get me wrong, I think the factory AR is superb. but I believe the gens have blueish hues. Also the dial color is a bit off. The word "seconds" is thinner. The sub dials are just a tad thinner. But thats just nitpicking and comparing them side by side. and the case back has a grainy/sandblasted effect. reps, not as grainy. Only mod I would do is pickup a croc strap. its a mission since most only make 22 and 24. Chopards are 23mm. Sorry, didn't mean to threadjack.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know: the watch and movement works perfect since 4 years. I bought it from Trusty Time.

Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking of getting one. Did you get the asian 7750 or the ETA? I think it is a beautiful watch. I am going with rubber but as you did, will get from store or ebay.

• 4 weeks later...