When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where is Francisco?

janchik

• 4 weeks later...

Hi janchik. He's had watches of mine since May. Some guys on the Spanish forum have told me that he's not been well. I'm worried I wont see my watches again, as I've been trying to contact francisco for the last 3 months myself at least. He hasnt responded. I hope this doesnt turn into another K2222 mystery. We should start to get a count of how many watches of members on the forum are with Francisco. He's worked on at least 5 watches of mine, and I've NEVER had anything but positive experiences with him.. this is NOT like him.

Im sorry to hear this janchik and plaifender ... I also hope Francisco is ok.

I believe that after all these months... this issue needs to be looked Into.

I have never heard anything but good/great things about the gentlemen..I hope that dosent change...Im sure It wont.

Good luck guys. :)

Mike

Sorry about my next phrase... another "Jakub story" is coming?? :bangin:

Damn, I had more or less good experience with Francisco, but hello, this is not right if somebody will disappear like that with other people belongings.

Hopefully I am wrong....

This is the problem with these online modders. Why does it take some whispers to get the word out, when all you have to do is notify your cutomers via the forums with a simple cover-all post. A dedicated modder section is provided, yet it is not used?

This is the problem with these online modders. Why does it take some whispers to get the word out, when all you have to do is notify your cutomers via the forums with a simple cover-all post. A dedicated modder section is provided, yet it is not used?

+1

He's claiming he "couldn't access the forums" from his secret location. Maybe he's in witness protection. ;)

If I were his customer (which I'm not) I wouldn't buy that explanation. One can always post/ email a quick message to ones you have ongoing projects with explaining the cirumstances before leaving - or better yet not to accept work too close to the time of departure. Unless we're talking about extremely urgent witness protection program - you know the ones that people never returns from.. ;)

Did he start shipping the watches from his "secret location." :bangin: Seriously, I am glad he is back but there is no excuse for not putting up a quick note saying you are going to be off the forum for a while and giving folks some sense of how long.

Sometimes people can come in a situation concerning health that makes things different.

Sometimes people can come in a situation concerning health that makes things different.

You are absolutely right if it is life threatening. But honestly the number of those cases is very few. Other than sitting in a hospital bed there are very few situations which don't allow you 30 seconds on a computer or smartphone to simply post that you are away. IMHO, when you are providing services for remuneration this defacto becomes a job - whether full time or part time. If you were to disappear from your day job for days or weeks without any communication you would likely lose it.

You are absolutely right if it is life threatening. But honestly the number of those cases is very few. Other than sitting in a hospital bed there are very few situations which don't allow you 30 seconds on a computer or smartphone to simply post that you are away. IMHO, when you are providing services for remuneration this defacto becomes a job - whether full time or part time. If you were to disappear from your day job for days or weeks without any communication you would likely lose it.

Yeah, yeah, he lost a lot already, he knows. Start reading about too much strain, burn outs etc etc.

Hard to argue with that..with this being said..I wish Francisco well.

He has been a excellent contributor to the rep community over the years.

Mike

I send him watch end of July, till today I don't have any answer from him.

Two days ago I send PM to him any reply till today, PM to mod at Repgeek who write that he will send watches back and any answer too.

He was sick or at prison?

Maybe he was just sick of prison. ;)

Im sorry...but that was way to easy. :)

Mike

I send him watch end of July, till today I don't have any answer from him.

Two days ago I send PM to him any reply till today, PM to mod at Repgeek who write that he will send watches back and any answer too.

He was sick or at prison?

I don't know under what name you are known @ Repgeekl. I haven't received any pm of someone named Mark.

This is without question,and Onze knows this,as would anybody. I would hope Onze is not an idiot.

If he is able to ship watches starting today,he is able to post something,it is indeed a "job",its not like we have not been down this road before...

Update

I received my watches from Francisco today after 5 months of no news. I'm glad to have them back.. despite them not getting the service I sent them off for. I was hoping for some kind of note or post-it message in the package letting me know he was ok.. but i guess the watches by themselves will have to serve as explanation enough. In any case.. I wish him the best and hope to do business with him again at some point if he returns to the watch world.

Update (...)

Hi Plaifender

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear you received your stuff back, obviously Francisco is one of the good guys. Reading Onze's posts I guess he has been through some rough phase.

Still it's sad he has not worked on them, I fear he will be lost as a modder to the community.

I wish him well.

Val.

...just my 2 cents....

It's one thing doing dial relumes and AR coatings....

...but IMHO offering a general modding service is worse than being a dealer.

Not only do you have an array of watches which vary in levels of quality and workmanship from the factory, but you also have watches which have been 'breathed on' by third parties which often do not conform to any standard. So when you crack open that caseback - the proverbial Pandora's Box is unleashed. On top of that, you have the pedantic customer.

Why anyone would want to be a rep modder is beyond me.

...just my 2 cents....

It's one thing doing dial relumes and AR coatings....

...but IMHO offering a general modding service is worse than being a dealer.

Not only do you have an array of watches which vary in levels of quality and workmanship from the factory, but you also have watches which have been 'breathed on' by third parties which often do not conform to any standard. So when you crack open that caseback - the proverbial Pandora's Box is unleashed. On top of that, you have the pedantic customer.

Why anyone would want to be a rep modder is beyond me.

I guess another way to look at It is...thank god for these moders..where would we be without them?

As we all know..It's very difficult to find competent people to work on are reps outside of the rep community.

I dont see the problem.....If a moder cant work on a rep for whatever reason..then he sends It back....and of course he should never take on more work that he can handle.

I think the Zigmeister is a very good example of just this.

I would also think a watchmaker/ moder could make a reasonable desent (side) living offering such services.

I for one hope that Francisco returns when he gets things sorted...I personaly have learned a great deal from the gentlemen.

That being said...I do wish he would have dealt with this/his situation In a more professional manor...It takes just a few minutes to post a "heads up"..If you will.

Two pennies from me. :)

Mike