When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Red Sub 1680

Rclough

Here is a pic that I thought some of you good people might be interested in seeing; my gen Red Submariner. It’s the 1680 model and dates from 1972. It used to be my Grandfathers and it’s true to say it doesn’t come out to play very often, but it’s very special to me (both as a rare watch and as a sentimental heirloom). It was last serviced in 2003 at the Rolex service centre in Bexleyheath, Kent (UK) and it’s been keeping good time ever since. A couple of years ago I treated her to an aftermarket Sub box (pictured) and I’ve recently invested in a Modalo watchwinder to keep everything moving / lubed. Look forward to hearing your comments, and, if anyone anyone can recommend a UK watchmaker (to service my recently acquired Milgauss rep), I’d be very grateful.

post-40064-0-45476800-1318495146.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@R...

Love the smell of a vintage redsub in the morning :)

Very nice sub you have there, take very good care of it. Not so many are so lucky like you to cary this lovely watch in to the future :)

Looks like its very good condition and your granpa took good care of it, always nice to see...

When you have more time over pleas take a few more pics of her, some nice close up pics of the dial would be thankfull to us (members) here...

Like i said, take care of her like you do with a nice flower :)

Guys - Thanks for all your comments; I will upload more photo's for analysis shortly; Interesting advice re repping her and then wearing more often; I hadn't thought of that as an angle; Thanks also for the names of servicers for my Milgauss rep - Much appreciated.