When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 pilot German day and date wheels

the_rymeister

Hi guys I know it has been a repetitive question but I have searched all posts with reference to these in search area, I've also searched for days on Internet but no joy at all. I can't find any mention of these except other forums with same sort of questions as mine.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the black backing with white font German day and date wheels to fit iwc pilot with a7750 movement .

Correct me if I'm wrong but were these a gen part? I'm looking for either gen or rep, either complete wheels or overlay. If they come in these options.

Thankyou in advance.

Cheers

Ry

Know that Taka stocks ETA day and date wheels, both german/english and black/white. Supply seem to have been an issue lately however, check the website. My understanding from the fellow pros around here is that you can dit these without swapping the whole movement, but don't take my word for it :)

Sorry, http://www.2geek.net/, but while clicking in there I see that he currently only has the day wheel (not date) in stock. Sent an e-mail asking for when he could have something back in. Will get back to you if I get a reply. Anyone else knows other sources for these?

BTW, stumbled onto an online guide of how to insert ETA wheels on an asian 7750 while googling - thought it might be useful for you:

http://corgi.tistory.com/88

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I ended up finding both the eta date and day wheels, white text on black wheels from www.watchpart.co.uk . It took a good few weeks for them to get them in stock but all is good and got them through the door today. They were £21 including delivery for both. I'm in uk so postage wasn't expensive. Hope this helps cheers

Ry

Guys,

I wanted to follow up on this thread. I was shipping out an ETA 7750, but I needed to swap the Date Disc before it left. It came with a ... well, yes, a black ETA date disc, and I needed to put the proper one on for a Top Gun. I never really looked at them that close, but they are different. I was under the gun to get this shipped off, but noticed especially the 7. I'll get some more in, and see if I can't do some side-by-side. But some have asked me if the Top Gun and Pilots use ETA disc ... they do not.

Yes D, you are correct.

Just thinking out loud, I think my DDW are $25 each.

How much are the ETA's?

21 GBP is about $33 US today.

So another $17 + $5 for shipping.

Twice as much, but if I am going to the trouble to remove the movement, dial, hands, remove and replace movement pieces ... and then reassemble.

This is one of those areas where I would put a little more with it to keep the details correct.

Always easier to spend other people's money, though.

Mike

I have new ones on order, but yes, they come directly from Schaffhausen with an IWC part #.

These are the correct ones with the seven that looks like this 7, with the serif, or lip at the top front.

The ETA just has a plain '2 line' 7 like this.

I know ... this post is worthless without pictures.

But what if they are bad pictures?

DateWheel.jpgDateWheelBlk.jpg

O,

Good question. The cal 79320 is a Top Grade 7750 built for IWC by ETA. They are then inspected and adjusted by the IWC Watchmakers. There are some movements that are built completely in-house, like the Big Pilots and the Ingeneur. The date wheels for these movements will not work with any other movement.

Mike