When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Safari or Don Ramon? - Big Question

greekgod

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• AP ROO Safari
    • AP ROO Don Ramon De la Cruz

Hello Gentlemen,

I have only adopted AP as my religion 3 days ago and I want to pull the trigger on either the Safari or the Don Ramon. Would appreciate your input on both please.

My biggest concern being the unreliable movement! I send a quick email to Andrew and he says the latest versions sec@12 have better movement and that they are good. Also after spending a fair bit on the watch and the strap from either HKTAN or AP Bands I would, as you would appreciate, expect the watch to work well for years. However after my brief study on the subject I hear the the movement would either need to be serviced or changed..your comments please

Thanks in advance.

I vote for Safari or other SS or ti model unless you are a rap star, professional athlete, Russian Oligarch or Sheik. That hunk of gold on the Ramon is huge and truly ostentatious. So unless you really are in that league and have been wearing large gold pieces before your friends are going to be laughing at you. Now if you are one of the above go for it. :)

Voted for Safari, as I feel the same way as Watchmeister. Both are badass watches, and really great looking. But the Safari will do you more justice as a big goldwatch will probably look cheesy or wrong in a everyday lifestyle.

But it'd be nice to have a Don Ramon for nicer occasions.

• Like 1

Safari without hesitation.

The guy wearing this one is a shiek. You can tell by the hair:

img00063201006271345.jpg

Go Safari

From that picture the way the subdial pop up vs the hour marker is a down for me. Plus gold in rep is never a good option imo. You already havea a problematic movement, you dont want the gold to fade on top of that.

Go Safari

From that picture the way the subdial pop up vs the hour marker is a down for me. Plus gold in rep is never a good option imo. You already havea a problematic movement, you dont want the gold to fade on top of that.

Thanks mate..Safari it is. I never knew that gold on these could fade away! I thought it is realy 18K gold plated which would last

Plating never lasts. Even "gold filled" which is typically double the thickness of the 5mm best plating will ultimately wear off. Your best shot at long term "gold plating" is gold leaf infused on DLC. It doesn't show wear until and if you scratch through the entire coating. But when you do there is no inexpensive fix. You have to recoat the whole watch.

Ah I dint know that ... to be honest with you I am still learning about the mods and the jargons associated with it. But by the sounds of it ..it sounds thats the way to go. So I assume I would need a DLC ROO case? I am sorry if I am totally off the track... going now to do some homework on DLC!

Thx Watchmiester