When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to deal with sellers and acceptable expectations if problems arise

Admin Team

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,I'm new to the forums, so please excuse my naivety. I've always bought my watches in Turkey, at the beginning of our holiday in case there's a problem, and so far there never has been.You have the watch in your hand,decide if you're happy with it,pay.Now buying online is a different matter. Finding RWG and it's trusted dealers and the knowledge of its members is a godsend,and hopefully i can get some of my questions answered. I'm after a particular watch,found it on the trusted websites, but try as i might, can't make a purchase. First dealer i tried,website gave me no option to actually pay,second took my money, after a really convoluted route,then told me it was out of stock,as was my second and third choice,got my money back.first dealer told me their website problems were now sorted,tried to buy a watch,wouldn't work.my question is then,how do actually buy a watch off these dealers.

The places that the dealers get the watches from don't have the resources to make a huge range, they see what is new or popular and make batches of those.

They're out to make a profit after all, and if the new model will sell far better than last years model, last years model won't be made again.

Some watches are always popular and are batches of them are frequently made, but a lot aren't.

You'll likely find there are some very poor quality dealers that sell a wide range of watches, but these are the $20 ~ $50 "works for a week or more and you're lucky" junk that only have a passing resemblance to the original, and none of those dealers are trusted dealers here.

I'd post again in the manufacturer specific forum (Rolex/Omega/Panerai, etc) forum with the details of the watch you're after, you'll likely get a better response.

These "sticky" threads are just placeholders for information really, if you have any other questions it's best to start a new thread (here or in a more specific forum) to ask it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I've received my QC's for a Rolex Daytona - I wasn't happy with the dial (the markers were not centred).

TD sent the watch back to the factory and got another...again, the markers were off. It was definitely a different watch, as different markers were off this time.

It is very easily visible to the naked eye that the markers are out of line. The marker at 12 was off centre - some of the dots are out of line etc.

The TD is doing his part, so no complaints about him.

My question is:

1. Am I being too picky? I don't see the point in buying the watch, if I'd be too embarrassed to wear it. Are factories just this careless?

2. Should the TD be inspecting the watches more carefully when picking them up from the factory? These are glaring errors.

I appreciate that TDs are paid before they supply QC's - but if I'd seen these before, I would not have bought it at all.

Any experience in this matter. How many times have you rejected watches before the TD loses patience with you?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

Kiran

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...
5 minutes ago, alexxali said:

Hye guys alex here I have a best clones offer  for  you . we have quality clones  treated with care.  free of mites, aphids, pests, mold, mildew and other hosts of diseases. 

Clones list:

San Fernando Valley (SFV) OG

Better Than Yours (BTY) OG

Skywalker OG

GG4

Gelato #33, Gelato #41 and Gelato #45

and many more.......

Targeted areas:  Los Angeles and Inland Empire,

Kindly visit us,

https://twitter.com/SixtyTrees

Do you have the best Sub?

44 minutes ago, alexxali said:

Hye guys alex here I have a best clones offer  for  you . we have quality clones  treated with care.  free of mites, aphids, pests, mold, mildew and other hosts of diseases. 

So are these clones certified 100% Grade AAAAA Vermin-Free® or are we just taking your word?!  I mean I'd hate to get my hopes up and then receive a Grade B piece with 904SS (Slightly Skanky) steel.

:g:

1 hour ago, alexxali said:

Clones list:

San Fernando Valley (SFV) OG

Better Than Yours (BTY) OG

Skywalker OG

GG4

Gelato #33, Gelato #41 and Gelato #45

and many more.......

Targeted areas:  Los Angeles and Inland Empire,

Kindly visit us,

https://twitter.com/SixtyTrees

Fake plants are for fake people, and you won’t be spamming multiple threads with the same advertising on my watch. Enjoy your stay and learn from our members how a gentleman conducts himself online

• Like 1

• 2 years later...