When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Americano

If I were choosing I would go with the 005 mate.... mainly as it is generally better in terms of the CG and dial and its a closed CB

However the NF crystal and case are loads better...

So buy both and mix and match :)

I think you will also find plenty of revisions coming to most current models from the factories...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have the 111N from N-Factory, it is beautiful and my natural first choice. However, with the open back, I am a little uncomfortable wearing it to work. Therefore, I would like to get a closed back model and buy a gen strap for it to wear during the week. Facing two decisions, hope to hear your thoughts.

1. Between 000 and 005. Because I have the 111, I am more willing to give up the seconds hand, and go for the cleanest look of 000. I do like 005 a lot, but I (subjectively) feel that the dial is a bit crowded with both the seconds dial and the Logo. I assume that 000 is just as well made and close to gen as the 005?

2. Between N factory and H factory. Given the closed back, movement is of less concern. I personally noticed the gap between CG lever and CG body on the Noobs is noticeably wider than the gen, and is an immediate tell (for me). The gap on H factory is on the other hand more narrow than gen, but is slightly less glaring than the Noobs (for me). By the way, anyone offer a mod on this? Besides this, I am not familiar with other differences between N and H factories for the 000 or 005.

Knowing that I have 111N from Noobs, and knowing that I am looking for a (relatively) more passable model to wear to office, could you experienced folks who perhaps went through similar thought process offer some advice, or even just some food for thought? Hoping Pete can chime in, I've read a lot of your posts, very informative and helpful. Thanks.