When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hello! long time reader, first time poster! heres some pics of my franken upo orange planet ocean on mesh, enjoy!

bamcky2k

hi there, hows everybody doing?! i've been reading a few threads on this forum over the past few months and found them super informative and friendly-so i've signed up and thought id say hey. im james and i've collected watches for many years-both rep and gen.i'll upload some pics of all my collection over the next few days and hopfully will get some nice comments and get to know some people.

i have a big love of all things omega, so below is one of my faves-it started life as a standard upo 45.5mm...a good few hundred quid later its now my super franken and i love it! it has:

gen dial

gen hands

gen bezel

the gen dial and hands made a MASSIVE difference, the lume is like nothing else i've seen! the bezel too just screams qaulity-the insert is one piece with the ring and not wanting to impose possible damage i went with the complete assembly glued in place-looks over function i guess!

all the work i did myself, fiddly but a proud feeling once complete-if your gonna try yourself watch out for finger prints on the dial and hands! i had to do the work twice-second time with gloves!

im now awaiting a gen rubber strap, black with orange stitching and deployment clasp, gen tube and crown and caseback-but will have to wait til after christmas for those...

the bracelet it came on was ok-ish but just was'nt upto standard, so i mounted it on a 22mm mesh with "seat belt" omega style buckle-not to everybodies taste but i think it looks pretty damn fine! wears incredibly comfortable too. anyway onto the pics! hope you like...

317244_10150933802565433_766805432_21691589_248828648_n.jpg383662_10150933802835433_766805432_21691592_696049500_n.jpg391130_10150933802705433_766805432_21691591_816328311_n.jpg

#sgtguk, its alot of fun! i started by getting some very cheap asian 21j movement watches and taking them apart bit by bit...i totally wrecked them! but you get a good feel for how things work and where things go...this upo was my first with gen parts-i was a gibbering wreck at the start but some cups of tea, deep breathes and one or two cigarettes later and i was set to give it ago :) i actually did that one with nothing more than a pair of tweezers and a multi-tool...but now invested in proper tools, the right tool for the right job and all that!

#vlydog, thanks for the welcome! glad i found this place-a great forum without predujice, good to be a member!

cheers buddy, ive been on and off in this hobby since around 2007 as it goes, great to find a place like this to chat about reps AND gens without anyone getting angry or preachy!

glad you like my franken upo too, i'll post a couple more pics of my collection when im at home (away working at the mo) including a blue 7750 seamaster chrono, 42mm planet ocean with black bezel orange numbers, black seamaster 300m with aqua blue relume, ploprof 1200 on orange rubber strap and many many more-i have abit of a thing for dive watches-or is that obvious :-D

cheers mike! yeah ever since back in 2003 when i bought my first gen blue seamaster 300m quartz i've had a passion for dive watches, since then my collection has been dominated by them...apart from a few casio g-shocks i use for hiking and coastal exploring...

cheers mike! yeah ever since back in 2003 when i bought my first gen blue seamaster 300m quartz i've had a passion for dive watches, since then my collection has been dominated by them...apart from a few casio g-shocks i use for hiking and coastal exploring...

This is a thread that you might find Interesting James... If you havent seen it already. :)http://www.rwg.cc/to...ge_fromsearch_1

Welcome to the forum James! You've found a great community of true watch lovers. Rep or Gen isn't really the issue here. It's a love of all things horological and there is a very passionate group of people here. I am sure you have found yourself a very comfortable home! :tu: