When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project: Rolex Commando, Ref: 6429

Donerix 2.0

3 hours ago, Revere said:

@manodeoro

Where did you get those hands? I’m also curious about the November & case you selected. I tried a commando project years ago but stopped when i couldn’t find good hands. Your post gives me hope :) 

A member on WRT sent me a link to Ofrei's site ... HAN-6595 ... now I still have to get the accurate seconds hand finish that build

Thanks alligoat.
The "problem" is that the 1975 handwind movement needs a second hand with a 0.19 hole.
I already have one with correct hole and length (from the 70ies) but it's a golden one ... I'll try to use that one and see how it looks.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

12 hours ago, manodeoro said:

Thanks alligoat.
The "problem" is that the 1975 handwind movement needs a second hand with a 0.19 hole.
I already have one with correct hole and length (from the 70ies) but it's a golden one ... I'll try to use that one and see how it looks.

I’m not sure but I think the gold is just a plating that can be removed by a chemical process? 

I’m not sure but I think the gold is just a plating that can be removed by a chemical process? 
Thanks !!! I can try that.
Unfortunately that hand is probably just polished brass so "golden" and not gold plated ...

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, Champagnesky said:

Any update on this project?

Hmmm ... I finally sourced a steel second hand that fit my 1975 Russian movement.

So all parts are there ...

- 6694 watch case and crown

- no-date plexi (don't even remember the ref)

- 19mm rivet bracelet

- 1975 Raketa handwind movement

- custom made 6429 dial

- handset

but they are still in a box as I have delayed that "Commando" because of others projects ..

Now all I need to do is, basically :

enlarge the lume holes of hour and minute hand (really easier that it sounds)

- lume handset and dial

- check the movement and regulate it if needed (tha last time I tested it was keeping really good time)

- put all those parts together

- enjoy wearing it

Thanks for chiming here as it makes me feel ashamed of stopping work on that nice project ... I'll come back to it before spring and probably wear it next summer

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, manodeoro said:

Hmmm ... I finally sourced a steel second hand that fit my 1975 Russian movement.

So all parts are there ...

- 6694 watch case and crown

- no-date plexi (don't even remember the ref)

- 19mm rivet bracelet

- 1975 Raketa handwind movement

- custom made 6429 dial

- handset

but they are still in a box as I have delayed that "Commando" because of others projects ..

Now all I need to do is, basically :

enlarge the lume holes of hour and minute hand (really easier that it sounds)

- lume handset and dial

- check the movement and regulate it if needed (tha last time I tested it was keeping really good time)

- put all those parts together

- enjoy wearing it

Thanks for chiming here as it makes me feel ashamed of stopping work on that nice project ... I'll come back to it before spring and probably wear it next summer

Nice, im thinking about building one as well. Are you doing any work on the 6694 case or is it the same as 6429?

Nice, im thinking about building one as well. Are you doing any work on the 6694 case or is it the same as 6429?
Thanks ... apart from the engravements the 6694 case is pretty the same as 6429.
My case is a Rep one (unfortunately out of stock) and the only mod I did is thin the lugs a bit, brush the upper side and drill the lugs to 1.00mm.
Depending on the build looks when finished I'll re-engrave (or not) the case and caseback.

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk