When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI Replica Review, 3255

chrgod

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You complain about 40 bucks, come on I pay either 45 or 55 bucks plus 20$ for the UK options so I there is no customs risk or delay. By the way, its there any other member from Hungary on the board? I am a german who lives part time in hungry as part of my medical studies and I'm not sure if the 20 bucks for the UK option are even necessary. But as I speak nearly no Hungarian and could not fill our any Customs paperwork or even go there and pick up my watch I choose the safe option.

Any other member from Hungary here who can tell me if the UK transfer is necessary?

• 5 weeks later...

Very nice review, thanks for sharing. It gives me interesting information, as this watch is in my wishlist. But... I'm still hesitating between this black version (classical flieger), or a white dial version (more "dress watch"). I just wonder how is the finishing of the white dial.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think this is a product of it being one of the first 2892 clones out there?

I sure not hope it is bad quality.. We need more properly replicated clone movement models...

I hope Domi can share his opinion on the A2892 after doing the service on mine, I have not yet seen a watchmakers review of it. Anyone knows whether The Zigmeister has reviewd the 2892 clone? :g:

That movement has been around for years my firts rep in 2006 had one in it Rep is on the right BTW

so more than likly a typical lack of QC in the rep factory like a pube in the movement!

Chinese Noob-factory workers pubes.. :g: Should normally be reemoved by the factory QC-worker...

pubes.jpg

Great review, thnx!

Now i want one of thoose. Damnit need to sell the car soon so that i will be able to buy everything on my wishlist.. hm maybe add the house as well then ;)

And if you have children, you can even extend your wishlist !

Don't look for me, I'm far away already...

:bangin:

• 5 weeks later...

Today i was in AD to test gen. Watch is rly small, i think bezel width or hands length is not problem here because no one would be able to spot it on this small one, but numbers and especially seconds indicators are way off in this case. I wonder if it's possible to install gen dial. Also AR is so clear on gen, that is second thing to do. Sorry for my english :)

Edited by stepien100

Well i have now got mine and after a couple of days wearing it i see the following issues

Min hand a touch to short ,Solution gen hands set, bit this is a minor issue and hard to spot.

Seconds hand a bit to fat, Solution As above but i may see if i can find a thiner one or thin this one a little

Date font too thin and wrong font for an IWC, Solution a correct DW but this will not be easy to get i dont think, but it will at least fit the movement

Lume not great, Solution relume it!

AR is not great but clear, i could maybe live with this if it was not for the fact that i Visit Uwe every few weeks and i can simply drop it of for his ausome AR so that will proberbly get done as well

Strap is shit, Solution fit a Bob IWC Aviator strap, Done

I am looking into a couple of options right now as this is a watch that i think i may like to franken a bit.

Does the A-2892 movement in this rep come with the top-quality glucydur balance (3 hour-glass arms) rather than the nickel-gilt one (4 straight-sided spokes) found on most ETA's (2824 AND 2892) ?

If you could please post some photos with balance stopped that would be great! It looks like Trusty's does, but hard to tell with the others.

Also, is the lume poor on all the versions?

Josh has confirmed both his versions come with magnetic shield now.