When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono 45.5 mm – Perfect Replica

Mario

Hey there, I’m Mario from Austria and this is my first post. Your forum is awesome and I’m really glad I found it.

So many nice people here and great information! So thank you for that :notworthy:

Here is what I’m looking for to be my first rep ...

OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono 45.5 mm

post-40893-0-43035200-1321662504.jpg

- Diameter: 45.5 mm

- Black Dial, White Numeral Markers

- Stainless Steel Bracelet

This is the genuine watch, in all its beauty. One of the nicest watches ever IMHO.

I want to find the best replica out there (without much modification) and that’s what I found ...

Trusty Time (Andrew)

http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=7338

post-40893-0-40848600-1321662570.jpg

- Correct OMEGA Logo (no Happy Feet)

- Bezel and Chronograph Hand well aligned with the 12 Hour Marker

- Correct Hand Length

- Correct Subdial Spacing

Movement: Asia Valjoux 7750 (28800 bph)

Diameter: 45.5 mm

Thickness: 17 mm

Strap: SS Bracelet, Correct 22 mm Lugs (Also available with Leather or Rubber Strap)

Crystal: Sapphire Crystal with AR

Water Resistant

Price: $318

This watch looks fantastic and flawless to me! Or did I miss something?

Andrew has very good reviews here at RWG* – Quote: "quality watches, good service, highly recommended".

So I guess the price is right for a quality rep?

The "Quality Assurance" service sounds great! Calibration, physical quality check and waterproofing is included for all watches above $200.

What do you think about the watch servicing he offers in addition?

WS001 - Full Movemt Service + Waterproofing - Price: $120

WS002 - Waterproofing for watches (50m) - Price: $50.00

Is it necessary or will it work fine right out of the box? It sure would be nice to have some water resistance to take a shower or even swim with it. :snorkel:

He also offers transhipment via UK for additional $20. Do you think this is a good option to take, since I’m living in Austria?

Here are some other buying options I’ve found ...

Perfect Clones (Joshua) - Price: $318

http://www.1-pc8838....750-p-9838.html

Timeshops.net (Mark) - Price: $288

http://www.timeshops...0-28800bph.html

BTW are Trusty Time (Andrew) and Perfect Clones (Joshua) working together? Their prices and product photos are basically identical. :huh:

So what do you think? Should I go for it? Have you bought one of his PO Chronos already and are you happy with it?

I would love to hear your thoughts! :)

Regards, Mario

Hey Mario!

I've had good luck with Trusty. Good communication, and he really seems to have the buying/selling process down. I've also had a good experience with Timeshop, Marvelous, and Puretime.

Some have had good luck with the 7750 movements, and others have not. It can be a real crap-shoot. Thus many choose to purchase a non-functioning crono to ensure longevity. Also service of this movement can be hard to source locally, so make sure you keep that in mind. Don't let that scare you though! If you ask for detailed QA video's of the functioning crono movement, date/time hack/set, you'll probably be okay. If the dealer won't provide that, then go somewhere else. There are a lot of trusted dealers and there is high competition amongst them. Also make sure you know the correct date/time set procedure for a crono BEFORE you set the time/date!

With any rep, forget the dealers water proofing process/adder. Even with a non-crono watch, the dealers thoroughness is questionable, and none that I know use a submersion test. No matter with a crono anyway as having any long-term waterproofing reliability won't happen. Keep that girl away from water!

Good luck!

--D

Edited by rockrover

Thanks for your reply mate!

I guess I'll just hope to get lucky with the 7750, ask him for a proper QA video, and stay away from water then :)

Do you have a tip where to buy a "Planet Ocean Chrono 45.5 mm" with non-functioning chrono and reliable movement?

– Mario

This is the later version of the PO-chrono replica. The subdial position has been moved inwards, closer to the gen. A very nice watch.

The date wheel is sunken on this replica, compared to the gen. This is usual on all the 7750-based replicas where the subdials are moved to a 3-6-9 setup. The pearl in the triangle at 12 is also lower than the gen. Nevertheless a cool watch. :)

Don't forget that on the gen, the chrono pushers are slightly closer to the crown. On the rep, the pushers line up with 2 and 4 o'clock.

Also, the thickness of the gen POC is just that. Thick! I was surprised at how high the gen sits on the wrist.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered one of these in orange from Puretime and waiting on QC pics. I bought a quartz version in Thailand and it is reliable, but the ticking second hands of a quartz watch is a huge tell. I enjoy the smooth sweep on the second hand subdial. Hopefully won't run into any issues with the A7750. Puretime also offers a servicing of the watch before purchase, but haven't seen any reviews of anyone actually buying it. I will just use the watch until it is time to send it to a TD repair person in the U.S. and also might get better lume and waterproofing.

Any updates regarding the said watch you were thinking about from Trustytime?

I love the PO's too. I ordered the 42mm, orange bezel, non-chrono from trusty last week. I'll do a full review when I get it.

I decided on the 42mm because I have a 7" wrist and thought the 45mm version might look off (although I like the wider bezel grooves on the 45mm version much better than the smaller ones on the 42mm). Also, I like the way the face of some of the chrono's look, but very rarely, if ever, have I needed to time something. And if I did, I would want to use my G-Shock, which would time it precisely down to the 100th of a second while telling me when high tide was, what phase the moon was in, what time it was in Kandahar, and if I am in daylight saving time, all while syncing to the atomic clock signal to update the exact time.

I'm just messing around, but I have 6 chronograph watches that I love, but have never once used the chronograph feature on a single one of them.

• Like 1

I love the PO's too. I ordered the 42mm, orange bezel, non-chrono from trusty last week. I'll do a full review when I get it.

I decided on the 42mm because I have a 7" wrist and thought the 45mm version might look off (although I like the wider bezel grooves on the 45mm version much better than the smaller ones on the 42mm). Also, I like the way the face of some of the chrono's look, but very rarely, if ever, have I needed to time something. And if I did, I would want to use my G-Shock, which would time it precisely down to the 100th of a second while telling me when high tide was, what phase the moon was in, what time it was in Kandahar, and if I am in daylight saving time, all while syncing to the atomic clock signal to update the exact time.

I'm just messing around, but I have 6 chronograph watches that I love, but have never once used the chronograph feature on a single one of them.

I too use my G-Shocks to time anything.. If anthing. ;) Thats true for most people who purchase chronographs..they just like the way they look. Thats how I feel about It anyway.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

pretty and solid but unfortunately not a reliable watch for me and I own one of these...deep date drives me crazy

drgranspochrono2010.jpg

Edited by Gran

pretty and solid but unfortunately not a reliable watch for me and I own one of these...deep date drives me crazy

Reasons I didn't get the chrono.

1. I'll never use the features. I have a 1'st gen titanium Sea Pathfinder that can basically do everything in the universe, and I sometimes force myself to use the compass or something on it.

Casio-General-4058.jpg

2. The Asian 7750 action, not as robust as the non-chrono, simpler "Swiss" movements.

3. Accuracy of REPlication, or more tells compared to the simple designed ones.

4. I wanted to keep it simple, like this quote.

Murtaugh: What's the plan?

Riggs: Wait for my signal, then just go in and shoot those F'rs.