When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Omega Seamaster PO 42mm

fischyyy

Hey guys,

I just joined the forum, this is my first post and I would like to show you my new 42mm Omega Seamaster PO which I got from Andrew a few days ago.

I've attached some pics and would like your opinion to the quality of the rep.

Some problems I know of are the "Professional" marking on the clasp which should only be there on the 45mm model, I do not love the pearl and the numbers seemed a bit more orange in the QC pics, in person they just seem reddish . I believe that should not be the case.

I'm not a rep expert, but this is not my first rep, although my first Omega. I have never seen this watch in person with the orange bezel as dealers seem only to display the black or liquimetal ones.

img0020cr.jpg

img0016ff.jpg

img0017ce.jpg

img0019eie.jpg

img0018jb.jpg

img0015rj.jpg

It uses the swiss ETA movement, accuracy over the past few days has been +- 2s a day

What do you think of the watch and is it likely that I am called out as to the watch not being genuine. I am currently wearing it as my daily beater.

Welcome to the forum....!

Let me start by saying that the watch you've got is arguably the best version of 42mm PO there ever has been. If you were around a few years ago, you'd be praying for a watch lke this.

Colour variations with the 'pumpkin' do happen (which is why the all black is the better bet), the pearl - well, it's an improvement, and the clasp - nope, my genuine PO 42mm has Professional engraved on the clasp too.

I very much doubt that you'd be called out as such - unless the 'caller' has experience of the gen.....and unless there is a quality flaw, then most people don't question it.

So, relax, and enjoy the watch! Oh and don't screw & unscrew the crown too much....they have a habit of stripping threads!

big welcome to the forum buddy, you have a good watch there-colour of the numbers looks fine to me, when i swapped the dial on my orange 45mm to the gen dial, the numbers where a darker reddish orange on the genuine dial compared to a more brighter orange on the replica dial-so yours is a very good colour match from what i can see...i've also seen plenty of 42mm genuine planet oceans with "professional" on the bracelet.

the pearl is a little bit on the big side-not massivley though! and it is well centered-again nothing to worry about...

remember that replica watches are just that-replicas of the real thing...and therefore they will never be prefect, but they will be acceptable, fun to wear and great to collect! you can always get into modding and adding genuine parts to make the watch look as good as possible-but when you get a rep like yours pictured i wouldnt bother really-just wear it and enjoy!

Edited by bamcky2k

Welcome and thanks for sharing with us. Great way to start your time with us here.

I think your PO looks great. The centering of the pearl is excellent which used to be one of the more noticeable problems with the rep. I have the PoC with orange numerals on the dial and they too are on the red side. So normal I think.

As for being called out, I think 99.9% of people would not be able to see it so no worries. Just enjoy.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice! ;)

It is a nice daily beater watch, perfect for the wear and tear i have as a medical student. I need to be able to wash and disinfect my hands regularly which rules out a leather strap.

The metal bracelet is much easier to wear with gloves than my gen rubber strap Tag Heuer, which sometimes sticks to the gloves.

Great watch, for people interested, this is the one I bought :

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=7064

Welcome aboard and congrats on the latest 2201.50. I too feel in love with the 42mm PO when I first saw one. So I picked up 2 of them. With no regrets. If you like the wrist presence of the PO and are planning to keep it you may want to consider replacing the crown/tube and clasp with gen parts from ofrei. (and SEL's to correct the gap between the last bracelet link and the SEL. (Solid End Link). Have Fun and Enjoy.

Edited by correctime

Thats about good as it gets as far as PO reps are concerned. The pearl looks pretty dam good to me.

The bottom of the pearl seems to line up almost perfectly to the top of the inner silver ring on the bezel...the way It should be.

The pearl on mine go' below the silver ring...not bad...but not as good as yours.

The colors(orange) are so close to gen that I feel that it's a non Issue. I've had the gen on my wrist..and I could not really see a difference.

When you consider the way the light and reflections play off the watch...difficult to notice.

So be happy my friend... you have got a good rep there...unless you go into AD's...flashing your PO around. ;) then no worries.

BTW....welcome. :)...gen for reference.

Mike

post-19368-0-61391900-1322296012.jpg

• Like 1