When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New version of Planet Ocean rep...

mrjohan

This rep is not the one thats going to get anyone to excited unfortunately....but there Is some good news.

My main concern for this rep was the bezel...I always thought that the factories were capable of producing a good ceramic bezel that mimics the LM version...but would they?

Although this rep is not a good example...I do feel that they are on the right track to making a good rep of the LM.

Mike

ummmm

I doubt that the bezel is even ceramic. This looks like a cheap, rushed out test-piece. If it is, the bezel will almost certainly be PVD

treated polished steel, engraved with the markers prior to coating.

I had a GMT Master II with this faux-ceramic bezel insert. I thought it was ceramic until it got scratched and turned out to be steel.....

I was referring to the gen 42mm PO dial at ofrei....and the rep dial in the 5th gen 42mm PO. Either would solve the painted 6, 9 and 12 markers on this version the OP has brought up. If they'd even fit, that is.

I'm still confused. The Planet Ocean 42mm (let's say model 2901.50.91) uses the Omega Caliber 2500. At Ofrei there are no dials that fit the 2500 that has raised metal numbers. I have no idea what this 5th generation rep does but I'm yet to see a dial like this anywhere for sale.

dial5-1.jpg

19529_23232422101003_ULP-197645%20(20).JPG_4.jpg

I don't think you'll see either gen dial for sale anytime soon. They're simply too new to be out for spares. Unless a gen owner happened to break his crystal and damage the dial, these babies aren't going anywhere outside of the factory?

Besides, the LE dial and new 2011 PO dial are different beasts. The LE has ZrO2 on it

I was referring to the gen 42mm PO dial at ofrei....and the rep dial in the 5th gen 42mm PO. Either would solve the painted 6, 9 and 12 markers on this version the OP has brought up. If they'd even fit, that is.

Why put a better dial into that POS silix PO (pictured at the top)?

the bezel is wrong, the date font is off, inferior bracelet, no AR - I wouldn't even give it a 2nd thought to be honest

and if it was meant to be the new 2011 model: then the case, hands, dial, HeV, crown, bezel, insert etc (in fact everything) is wrong.

Not to mention that they claim a SWISS movement....Yeah right!!!

Silix, like almost all of our far eastern brethren, subscribes to the classic Chinese adage..."let the buyer beware"

It's in their genes....

And BTW...I'm NOT a racist!!!...Some of my best friends eat chop suey!!!...;-)...;-)

• 3 weeks later...

20111212115125_324004.jpg

theres also this one just popped up...by no means perfect at all, but i think slightly better than the black one...this one does have applied number markers and omega word/logo (although the dial logo has happy feet), the bezel edge is wrong as is the pearl...but it does have the black date wheel with blue dial etc...so i think things are moving in an okish direction for a decent ceramic po rep...

Edited by bamcky2k

apologies, not promoting or suggesting anyone buy one or anything...i simply just found it while browsing around online and thought it may be of some use..., i have now deleted the link and posted a pic instead :) ...i think a nice standard new style PO rep is still a long way off let alone a great looking one...but just saying from some pics ive seen on various sites things are moving forward...im not that much of a fan of the new PO's anyway lol the original just looks right to me :)

• 3 weeks later...