When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Fans - Let's see 'em

redwatch

• 1 month later...

OK, so after seeing all of these gorgeous snowflakes, I decided to build one really quick whilst I try a second epoxy mix for the 666 dials. This one is using:

Aged Yuki blue 9401 dial

Yuki Aged hands(It seems that Yuki's production fixed the longer seconds hand and the minute hand seems almost the right length)

Asian 2836 ETA clone(new)

Polex Josh 5513 case

Ofrei Service T19

Gen faded Insert(I have pimped this insert to a few of my builds because I like it so much)

Gen like bezel construction and new super tight washer

Gen 703 crown/Aftermarket tube

yes, the Cgs need some fiddling, but the overal build was less than an hour and I kind of like it.

Started as this,

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

Aged the dial to match the hands and give it more character and match the hands(with the light I see I need to clean the dial face a bit now):

IMG_2079-1.jpg

Now the fashion shots:

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

• Like 1

:) Never heard that phrase before :)

One I came up with myself :lol: If I could get a dial done with that branding, I'd be rather chuffed :lol:

There is a Pelagos on Ebay. Didn't look as nice as in the PR shots but still love it.

The other day, I said this about the Pelagos:

I like it, but... The redesign is unnecessary... The Black Bay is a unique watch in its own right, sure it is a fusion of other watches, but it is still a unique combination, the Pelagos is no more than a homage watch with an over-engineered clasp :bangin: The Pelagos is a bit like seeing your sister in a bathing suit, thinking "Nice ass...", and then remembering it's your sister :bangin::lol:

Agreed, I love mine. The flake gets all the compliments...but I love this one more

a283bafa.jpg

Absolutely, I think it's the triangles which do it, but the long minute hashes make for incredibly easy time keeping :good::drinks: I think the snowflake dial is easy to read because of the square markers being more noticeale to the eye than circles, but I haven't yet worn one with snowflake hands, so can't truly comment on how it easy it is to read as a 'whole package' :bangin: I have to admit, I've always thought that the bluntness of the hands might lead to ambiguity in the reading, which was why I was considering using a Ranger II handset on my snowflake :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoyed this one for awhile. Serviced the movement and caressed the case. Alas, it must be returned to it's rightful owner.

Man that thing ROCKS. I love how you rounded out the case sides so it's not so flat and square... just like a 40+ year old, frequently serviced and polished gen should look. :Jumpy: