When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few questions

danlad

Hi,

I'm new here so hello to everyone.

I have a few questions for you, I have been looking at this repo watch http://www.silix-prime.com/omes037-p-1658.html. Does this look like a good repo to you?

Also does anyone know what sort of import duty and taxes you would pay on this watch when shipping it to the UK? Is there a UK seller I could buy this from or is there a better and cheaper site out there but selling the same quality watch?

Any links or help would be great.

Thanks

Dan

Welcome to RWG Dan.

I would spend the extra $100.00 or so and get the better rep. the one you posted has a really bad pearl for starters..not a very good rep Imo.

But If you can except this fact..and you are still comfortable with it...then go for It. But chances are that you will be disappointed later and wish you has spent the extra money.

The one in the link is a much better example Imo...but do some research and comparisons on your own. Become familiar with the rep before purchase.

Hopefully one of are UK members will chime In and address your other concerns.

Again welcome.

Open link then close it...then open it again if necessary. :)

Mike

http://www.1-pc8838....242-p-9795.html

Narikaa is a good guy, and he ships from the UK...He can usually get whatever watches you want (within reason!!) for excellent prices...His reputation is as good or better than any other dealer I've heard of in @ 6 yrs on these rep fora.

Excellent suggestion...wish I would have thought of it. :)

Mike

Thanks for the replies people. So how do I go about getting in touch with Narikaa?

Thanks

Hi mate you can get hold of all the trusted dealers here http://www.rwg.cc/forum/230-watches-clothing-accessories/

I've recently got 2 watches from josh at perfect clones which is in the trusted area.he ships and deals from china. Price of watch on his website is total cost plus $30 shipping which is about £20 roughly. Took about a week +/-2 to arrive from ordrer date. Very good service and quick response to any question. Think most of the dealers are good in the area.your best bet would be to have a read of the reviews in the trusted area and see what you think. All the dealers listed in this thread by other members are by all accounts good as have read good things myself. Good luck buddy

Cheers

Ry

The link I posted is Josh at perfect Clones.

The main issue with the PO is the crown/tube..It most likely will strip. Mine is a year and a half old and it will have to replaced soon. The good news is the gen parts are easy to get.

Rymeister has had some resent experence with these issues....please read. http://www.rwg.cc/to...po-help-please/

Dont let this scare you...the PO Is a fantastic rep...once the gen crown/tube mod has been done you will be good for many years.

The only other thing is...you might need to service the eta 2824 after some time go's buy. But mine Is a year and a half old and still keeping very good time.

Good luck. :)

Mike

Ok Thanks, I was going to order it just after xmas. I'm a bit concerned about the issue that maxman said in the post above. Is that how it is with most of the watches you buy? Also I know it's a hard to answer but, what is the life expectancy of a good repo watch?

Ok Thanks, I was going to order it just after xmas. I'm a bit concerned about the issue that maxman said in the post above. Is that how it is with most of the watches you buy? Also I know it's a hard to answer but, what is the life expectancy of a good repo watch?

The PO is the only rep that I know of that has the crown/tube issue on a regular bassis. I have had around 23 reps since I've been here.

I have had no issues with the crown on any of them...just the PO.

A rep can last many years if you take care of them...service the movement If applicable and dont abuse them.

Five to ten years..who knows. I know that there are several memebers here that have had there reps for ten plus years.

Good Idea waiting till after Xmas before placing your order.

Mike

Dan as maxman has said don't let the crown tube issue put you off. I had the issue from the off, but have recently fitted genuine crown and tube. Soon when i get a free min i will put the pictures up of the mod with a guide on whst to do for others to have a look at. Now the gen parts are fitted the watch feels even better.theres really not a lot involved in fitting these parts and if you don't fancy the mods yourself there is some good modded on here that I'm sure would help.the planet ocean rep is an amazing watch. I can't stop wearing it.feels and looks great you won't be disappointed.good luck buddy

Ok thanks for the advice. In your honist opinion how does the watch feel and look, Could you tell that it is a repo? I know that may sound silly question but I've never bought one or really held one. Do they really have the same weight and feel as a genuine one?

I have had the gen PO om my wrist...all I can say is " I personally could tell no noticable difference In the weight or feel of the watch".

Now If you do a side by side comparison..and scrutinize every little detail...well no rep Is going to stand up to those kinds of obsevations.

But remember we dont look at watches here like people do In real life. people In general dont look at other peoples watches with a loupe or macro lens. ;)

The PO Is a very good rep...I will leave It at that. :)

Mike

I got my PO from Andrew, I'm very happy with it, the pearl is nice, the movement accurate and the rep has an overall quality feel. It's a bit more expensive than the one you posted but it will be worth it.

Congratulations Dan..you asked all the right questions..and now you will be rewarded with a fantastc watch. I promise..you wont be disapointed.

I have used Andrew several times...always a pleasant experence.

It looks like you are going to have a very happy new year.;)

Mike