When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

I was just discussing scents with some of my female coworkers (think early 30s females with mini skirt suits, heels...) and erh hem...without getting into detail, let's just say I just expedited a 100mL bottle of Pure Malt. :)

:pimp:

It's true...women seem to go ape [censored] over PM. Works for me.;)

@Maxman, @Lobster --> regarding Terre d'Hermes: how best to decide between the parfum and EDT?

• Eau de parfum contains about 7-15% perfume concentrates. This is the most popular and common form of perfume. It provides a long-lasting fragrance and is less expensive than the extract. The life of a parfum is easily 8+ hours. I can spray a couple squirts of Opium parfum in the morning and at midnight it can still be smelled.
  • Eau de toilette has around 1-6% perfume concentrates. This makes for a light scent that doesn't linger as long as the more intense versions. I would say EDT has a life of about 4 - 6 hours.

1) Signature Scent : Bond No 9 Saks 5th Avenue

2) Work Scent : Prada by Prada for Men

3) Night Out Scent : Bond No 9 Chez Bond

4) Close Quarter "Combat" Scent : Clive Christian X for Men

5) Daring Scent : Yves St Laurent L'Homme

6) Upper class Event Scent : Either of the Bond No 9 or Creed Royal Oud

BTW, I bought my wife a bottle of the Creed Sublime Vanille for Christmas and that has to be one of the most outstanding fragrances I have ever smelled on a woman! I mean.... WOW!!!!! :drool:

1) Signature Scent : Bond No 9 Saks 5th Avenue

2) Work Scent : Prada by Prada for Men

3) Night Out Scent : Bond No 9 Chez Bond

4) Close Quarter "Combat" Scent : Clive Christian X for Men

5) Daring Scent : Yves St Laurent L'Homme

6) Upper class Event Scent : Either of the Bond No 9 or Creed Royal Oud

BTW, I bought my wife a bottle of the Creed Sublime Vanille for Christmas and that has to be one of the most outstanding fragrances I have ever smelled on a woman! I mean.... WOW!!!!! :drool:

Sounds like a awesome fragance Red..It being a Creed...Im sure It's outstanding.

+ 1 on what Phil said. My personal experence with the Hermes Is this. The EDT Is fine but the EDP is the better choice If longivity and projection are a top priorities..

I posted a pretty good video about the differences on page 8 # 141...top of the page. I prefer the EDP..I think It's a better overall fragance than the EDT. But dont get me wrong.the EDT is very good also.

Hope this helps.

Mike

@Maxman, @Lobster --> regarding Terre d'Hermes: how best to decide between the parfum and EDT?

Hi,

PhilFree explained the concentrations very well.

I would say the EDP version is a tad rounder and more ripe than the EDT.

I have the EDT and still have no regrets. It lasts longer than other EDTs of other frag houses and easily gives me 8 hours but that is because I am fortunate that my personal chemistry allows for it. It may last less on others.

Let's put it this way, after my EDT is done, I will get the EDP. But as a starter, EDT will do just fine unless you are truly in love with this scent and want a stand out frag in your fragrance armoury.

"Karenin"s review here puts it best.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Hermes/Terre-d-Hermes-Parfum-8282.html

1) Signature Scent: Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

2) Work Scent: Any of John Varvatos' colognes (favorite is Vintage - least favorite Star)

3) Night Out Scent: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne

4) Close Quarter "Combat" Scent: Tom Ford for Men Or Unforgivable by Sean John

5) Daring Scent: Bleu by Chanel

6) Upper class Event Scent: Creed GIT (just because of the cost)

I'm really loving this thread, it has been costly because I have purchased some new scents. But i have learned a lot as well.

I can not find Pure Malt and I really would like to smell this, I looked on line and find its was limited ed and now seller want HIGH dollar for the stuff :nono:

I'm still trying to understand why i purchased GIT for $250

Edited by thamayor214

2) Work Scent: Any of John Varvatos' colognes (favorite is Vintage - least favorite Star)

I'm really loving this thread, it has been costly because I have purchased some new scents. But i have learned a lot as well.

I can not find Pure Malt and I really would like to smell this, I looked on line and find its was limited ed and now seller want HIGH dollar for the stuff

If you are lucky you can find the Thierry Mugler limited editions on eBay for around $100 last time I checked. It has been a couple of months so I don't know.

Hi,

PhilFree explained the concentrations very well.

I would say the EDP version is a tad rounder and more ripe than the EDT.

I have the EDT and still have no regrets. It lasts longer than other EDTs of other frag houses and easily gives me 8 hours but that is because I am fortunate that my personal chemistry allows for it. It may last less on others.

Let's put it this way, after my EDT is done, I will get the EDP. But as a starter, EDT will do just fine unless you are truly in love with this scent and want a stand out frag in your fragrance armoury.

"Karenin"s review here puts it best.

http://www.fragranti...arfum-8282.html

Nice review....and I agree 100%.

Today Im wearing a great.. anywhere and anytime sent. "La Nuit de L'Homme". by Yves Saint Laurent. Just one to two sprays last pretty much all day. A very well made fragrance. :)

Happy New Year everyone. :drinks:

Mike

I can not find Pure Malt and I really would like to smell this, I looked on line and find its was limited ed and now seller want HIGH dollar for the stuff :nono:

Nice list you have there.

Fragrances are like watches, expensive hobby.

As for GIT. When I first smelt it I thought meh nothing special. But it then does dry down to something so special and beautiful.

Having said that, check out "Surrati Kreed" on Ebay. Also their "Tom Oud", "Tuscan Leather" and "Black Oud". They are oil based reps of the the bigger brand names hinted in the names.

Are they good? Effin brilliant good. Easily 95% of their real father smell.

As for their price, their samples cost me like £5 all together and they last a long long long time!!

Nice review....and I agree 100%.

Today Im wearing a great.. anywhere and anytime fragance. "La Nuit de L'Homme". by Yves Saint Laurent. Just one to two sprays last pretty much all day. A very well made sent. :)

Happy New Year everyone. :drinks:

Mike

La Nuit is also a well made fragrance. Their whole range is pretty damn good. I forgot the name of it but it's the same bottle shape only with some light blue writing. It's a fresher summer scent that blew me away.

Happy New Year to you Mike and all the fragrance heads here too. And PhilFree, you seem to have one fine fragrance collection there! :)

La Nuit is also a well made fragrance. Their whole range is pretty damn good. I forgot the name of it but it's the same bottle shape only with some light blue writing. It's a fresher summer scent that blew me away.

Happy New Year to you Mike and all the fragrance heads here too. And PhilFree, you seem to have one fine fragrance collection there! :)

I think you mean " La nuit de L'Homme Libre". I dont know much about It..I think it's pretty new here. I will try to pick up a sample next week.

Thanks bro...same to you. :drinks:

I will be sending you a PM soon. ;)

Mike

post-19368-0-22825700-1325358095.jpg

I think you mean " La nuit de L'Homme Libre". I dont know much about It..I think it's pretty new here. I will try to pick up a sample next week.

Thanks bro...same to you.

I will be sending you a PM soon.

Mike

No he is correct on the name. I believe it was released about two years ago. If he is actually speaking of that one. I have a bottle of it sitting at home. A really great fragrance for the day time.

No he is correct on the name. I believe it was released about two years ago. If he is actually speaking of that one. I have a bottle of it sitting at home. A really great fragrance for the day time.

I dont think he mentioned the name Phil..I thought Lobsters comments were In reguards to the "La Nuit De L'Homme" line. :g: Unless Im missing something....which is way more than likely. ;)

Mike