When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

Nice watches! :)

Burberry London & for men

Chanel Allure Homme

& I used to love the Armani White but they stopped selling it a few years back

Burberry London is probably In my top five ..the tobacco note is one of the best in the business Imho

It is my favorite holiday scent...reminds me of Christmas gatherings around the Christmas tree and fireplace. I just love it.

Mike

Burberry London is probably In my top five ..the tobacco note is one of the best in the business Imho

It is my favorite holiday scent...reminds me of Christmas gatherings around the Christmas tree and fireplace. I just love it.

Mike

If you want a scent for Christmas may I suggest Paul Smith London.

Tom Ford for Men has been my 'go-to' for a while. It's not overbearing, and women seem to love it.

And, his Black Orchid will pretty much get me to do anything for any woman wearing it.

I myself wear Black Orchid. It's great for a man also. All the women at work love it, my fiancée not so much.

Regarding tobacco, I remembered that Creed Tabarome does have a good tabacco scent. Shame about the price though, at times I feel Creed is way too overpriced.

I picked up a sample of Creeds Tabarome about a year ago or so..It is Indeed a fantasicc tobacco fragance. But like you said Lobster..."way over priced" Thats the reason I use Davidoff's Coolwater Instead of Creeds GIT. It's two dam expensive. I've been using Davidoffs coolwater at less that half the price. I really cant tell much difference.,If any.

Mik

The production number appears on the dial and simply denotes the number of watches made for that particular line. Here a movement shot for the Breguet and a close-up of the dial:

thanks for the info on the Breguet...gorgeous...

have always been fond of the Lange 1 design...

and seriously on the VCO...

a simply amazing grouping of watches...if this is representation of your 200 watch collection, you simply have to post a thread in the collections forum...a sincere thanks for sharing...nice to see these pieces in the wild...

R-

I picked up a sample of Creeds Tabarome about a year ago or so..It is Indeed a fantasicc tobacco fragance. But like you said Lobster..."way over priced" Thats the reason I use Davidoff's Coolwater Instead of Creeds GIT. It's two dam expensive. I've been using Davidoffs coolwater at less that half the price. I really cant tell much difference.,If any.

Mik

You're right Mike, Coolwater is amazing and the price for it these days truly great. Creed have some "nice" fragrances but they are a brand that to me live off its name and people who want to seem like they are super "rich" often just reach out to Creed without looking further into other very good scents.

A

thanks for the info on the Breguet...gorgeous...

have always been fond of the Lange 1 design...

and seriously on the VCO...

a simply amazing grouping of watches...if this is representation of your 200 watch collection, you simply have to post a thread in the collections forum...a sincere thanks for sharing...nice to see these pieces in the wild...

R-

What an amazing collection indeed. I can also see the sillouette of what looks like a Cartier Santos....seriously, would like to see more of your collection...there's a photography/mycollection section in this forum :)

@ Phil...thanks for the suggestion..I will most definitely give it a try.

@ EE..JPG Is a classic without question...has been around since 1995...and still going strong today. :)

I read somewhere resently that JPG is the number one male fragance In EU.

Mike

It was purely by chance or accidental that I found JPG....was walking through a department store and was handed a sample as I was passing by....put it in my pocket. When I curiously opened it at home it was like WOW.

It was purely by chance or accidental that I found JPG....was walking through a department store and was handed a sample as I was passing by....put it in my pocket. When I curiously opened it at home it was like WOW.

Same kind of thing happened to me EE. I was at this department store...In the cologne section..I saw this bottle shaped like a torso....which I thought was really unique. So I got a sample and spritzed a little on my wrist. That was it...love at first smell. :)

JPG has been one of my "go to" fragrances ever since.

Mike

Same kind of thing happened to me EE. I was at this department store...In the cologne section..I saw this bottle shaped like a torso....which I thought was really unique. So I got a sample and spritzed a little on my wrist. That was it...love at first smell. :)

JPG has been one of my "go to" fragrances ever since.

Mike

The only issue with JPG is that sooo many people wear it. I went to a club last year for New Years and it was like the club was spraying it everywhere.

Another fragrance I'd recommend is :

Juicy Couture for Men.

It is discontinued but here is the review. (Ebay has them for peanuts)

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Juicy-Couture/Dirty-English-for-Men-2701.html

I had this when it first came out, nobody else had it. Women come when they smell this.

JPG is and will always be one of my top five all time and "go-to" smell good collection, as stated earlier in this thread that is why my wife gave me the time of day.

Guys how do you pick the scent you buy?

Here lately I have purchase a lot of cologne with a citrus top note. I like the mention of tobacco and vanilla I think that would smell great together and more of a winter scent.

What are some of the better cologne with a middle or base note of tobacco?

JPG is and will always be one of my top five all time and "go-to" smell good collection, as stated earlier in this thread that is why my wife gave me the time of day.

Here lately I have purchase a lot of cologne with a citrus top note. I like the mention of tobacco and vanilla I think that would smell great together and more of a winter scent.

What are some of the better cologne with a middle or base note of tobacco?

First of all...thanks for starting this great thread. It might have started off a little bumpy..but It has turned out to be a excellent source of information for the community...thanks to eveyone Involved. :drinks:

My favorite tobacco fragances atm are

(1) D&G Pour Homme..the original. It has a very nice tobacco and leather dry down. It's a classic. Think a sweet Cuban tobacco leaf and a expensive new leather jacket.

(2) D&G The One. A semi sweet tobacco with some orange blossom In the background. Some people say pineapple....very nice.

(3) Michael...by American designer Michael Kors. This Is a very underated fragance. Think of a really nice sweet pipe tobacco with some plum and spice In the background. It is a very reasonable priced cologne..I think I paid around $45.00 for a huge 125ml. I will leave a link to the review at Basenotes.

These are my go to Tobacco scents atm..but Im always looking for new ones to try. The worst thing is to purchase a $50.00 plus cologne and find out you dont care for it. So I always pick up samples before purchase. I got burned once....never again. :)

Another good place to pick up samples is.. Sephora's beauty supplies. Most of the bigger malls have one.

Here's a list of tobacco and smoke note fragances from the Perfume Court...they deal strictly In decants...samples. I would rather lose $5.00 than $50.00. ;)

http://theperfumedco...moke-Notes.aspx

Basenotes is down atm.. so here are some reviews from another excellent online fragance community.

http://www.fragranti...r-Men-2417.html

Hope this helps. :)

Mike

First of all...thanks for starting this great thread. It might have started off a little bumpy..but It has turned out to be a excellent source of information for the community...thanks to eveyone Involved.

My favorite tobacco fragances atm are

(1) D&G Pour Homme..the original. It has a very nice tobacco and leather dry down. It's a classic. Think a sweet Cuban tobacco leaf and a expensive new leather jacket.

(2) D&G The One. A semi sweet tobacco with some orange blossom In the background. Some people say pineapple....very nice.

(3) Michael...by American designer Michael Kors. This Is a very underated fragance. Think of a really nice sweet pipe tobacco with some plum and spice In the background. It is a very reasonable priced cologne..I think I paid around $45.00 for a huge 125ml. I will leave a link to the review at Basenotes.

These are my go to Tobacco scents atm..but Im always looking for new ones to try. The worst thing is to purchase a $50.00 plus cologne and find out you dont care for it. So I always pick up samples before purchase. I got burned once....never again.

Another good place to pick up samples is.. Sephora's beauty supplies. Most of the bigger malls have one.

Here's a list of tobacco and smoke note fragances from the Perfume Court...they deal strictly In decants...samples. I would rather lose $5.00 than $50.00.

http://theperfumedco...moke-Notes.aspx

Basenotes is down atm.. so here are some reviews from another excellent online fragance community.

http://www.fragranti...r-Men-2417.html

Hope this helps.

Mike

Have you tried Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler? It is similar to A*Men but different enough to stand on its own. Another great scent is Encre Noir and Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe.

Edited by PhilFree

Have you tried Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler? It is similar to A*Men but different enough to stand on its own. Another great scent is Encre Noir and Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe.

Good call Phil...I really like TM fragances..some of the best around imho.

I forgot about TM pure havane..I got a sample about six months ago from a youtube fragance community member...one of the best tobacco scents I have ever tried. Think tobacco with a rootbeer vibe. Thats what my nose picks up.

I also really like Pure Malt..It's like Angel man but with a whisky/scotch overtone....very nice also.:)

Pure Havane was discontinued for a while I believe...I here that it's back now. I will definitely by a bottle If available.

Again...good call Phil... I forgot about that one. :pardon:

Mike

Guys thanks for ALL the great replies, the down said is I will more than likely buy a lot of the scents mentioned that I do not already have.

First on the list is a good tobacco scent, thanks Mike for the recommendations.

No problem thamayor...thank you for this fantastic thread.:)

Mike

Almost forgot Havana by Aramis is another fragrance with tobacco notes.

Top Notes

Coriander Seed, Anise, BIrch Tar, Juniper Berry, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange

Middle Notes

Bay Rum, Cumin, Jamaican Pimento Berry, Pepper, Jasmine, Hyacinth.

Base Notes

Exotic Woods, Tobacco, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Myrhh, Labdanum, Oilbanum, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Almost forgot Havana by Aramis is another fragrance with tobacco notes.

Top Notes

Coriander Seed, Anise, BIrch Tar, Juniper Berry, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange

Middle Notes

Bay Rum, Cumin, Jamaican Pimento Berry, Pepper, Jasmine, Hyacinth.

Base Notes

Exotic Woods, Tobacco, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Myrhh, Labdanum, Oilbanum, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Thanks Phil...sounds like a excellent combination of notes...especially the dry down. Will definitely give it a go.

mike

I like fragrances with a soapy, 'clean' scent to them, so that's always what I tend to keep in mind when buying :) I tried an econo-store deoderant the other day, which should have been nice, but it smelled like toilet cleaner... Not that it smelled bad, but the fragrance would have been better suited to freshening the air of a bathroom rather than sprayed on a person:lol:

I like fragrances with a soapy, 'clean' scent to them, so that's always what I tend to keep in mind when buying :) I tried an econo-store deoderant the other day, which should have been nice, but it smelled like toilet cleaner... Not that it smelled bad, but the fragrance would have been better suited to freshening the air of a bathroom rather than sprayed on a person:lol:

If you like a clean scent I suggest Boucheron Pour Homme.