When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

Manhattan, it was released about two weeks ago. I think this will be one of my fall staples.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The Nordstroms In my area have been carring quite a few of the Bonds recently. I'll have to keep my eye and nose out for Manhattan.

Montale Wild Aoud today, but since that scent is [censored] expensive, I am only using a homeopathic dose....

Ah Montale, luckily their stuff is so potent that you only ever need 2/3 sprays max. Never tried Wild Aoud, but I am moving back to Frankfurt next month and hope to find a boutique of some sort. London doesn't have one.

Wearing one spray of Nasomatto Pardon - Shi8 is so strong.

Well now that the weather Is finally cooling off...I can use some of my heavier scents. John Varvatos Vintage today. I absolutely love JV fragrances....nice leather notes. :) But they just don't last. :(. The number one complaint about JV fragrances are the lack of longevity. I hear that he may be coming out with some EDP or Intense versions. That would be nice.....hope It's true.

Mike

Well now that the weather Is finally cooling off...I can use some of my heavier scents. John Varvatos Vintage today. I absolutely love JV fragrances....nice leather notes. :) But they just don't last. :(. The number one complaint about JV fragrances are the lack of longevity. I hear that he may be coming out with some EDP or Intense versions. That would be nice.....hope It's true.

Mike

I find Vintage definitely a fragrance for spring/summer. I don't find it heavy enough for the cooler months. I've been wearing Noir Epice by Frederic Malle the last few days. It's been in the thirties when I head into work.

I find Vintage definitely a fragrance for spring/summer. I don't find it heavy enough for the cooler months. I've been wearing Noir Epice by Frederic Malle the last few days. It's been in the thirties when I head into work.

I gusss It has a lot to do with ones skin type. In the hotter weather I dont like the way JV's play off my skin. But whatever works for you..works for you Phil. I like heavy scents...but durring the warmer weather I dont care for JV's. Except Artisan...but that one last about 30 min on my skin.

Mike

smells like a mixture of Pure Malt and Spicebomb to me.

My personal shopper at Saks has been trying to talk me into buying Spicebomb. I have even given the tester a try yet. How do you like Spicebomb? I have Antidote by Viktor & Rolf and I am happy with that one.

My personal shopper at Saks has been trying to talk me into buying Spicebomb. I have even given the tester a try yet. How do you like Spicebomb? I have Antidote by Viktor & Rolf and I am happy with that one.

Spicebomb is ok, it is certainly a derivative of several fragrance. The major problem is that by the time you start enjoying this, it's a strict skin scent (or gone). Worth a try though.

...far to many when it comes to cleaning day... and of course the question - how do I sort these back? By colour? Brand? Hers? Mine?

1ACA5307-40CF-41DC-A5C8-0C17BDAFC73C-2089-00000432809807A3_zpscc692045.jpg

I sort them by season, when the cooler weather starts to roll in I put those I wear in the warmer months away. I store those I put away in a box in a cooler area of the basement.

I received a very generous sample package from a very good friend yesterday. To you my good friend :drinks: He suggested that I give the D'Orsay's Le Dandy a try first. Since I really like boozy smokey notes. It started out with a strong spice and boozy top and dried down to a very smooth smokey fruity base. It actually remined me of a much better made Spicebomb. I was at the neighborhood bar/grill last night. There's a cigar section In the bar...so the smokey boozy notes fit my surroundings quite nicely. I also got about 7-8 hours on my skin. Thats really good for me... my skin usually eats fragrances.....especially durring the warmer weather.

I knew nothing about this fragrance so I did some research. It looks like the original formula came out In 1923. I dont know If It's been reformulated....but If It has....It's been done very well Imo. If anyone does ask me what I'm wearing...I'll Just say. "Thats just dandy" ;)

Mike