When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

Tom ford - neroli portofino. Expensive at £200 for 100ml but it is amaaaaaazing. People in stores, lifts , work, women, men .....everyone asks me what m wearing. I reply with the same reply....its a private blend i hade made. Lol!!!!! P.s. this fragrance is unisex so appeals to all.

Layer it with Tuscan Leather (lol I know, even more expensive now), but holy daMN!

I picked up a sample of TM Pure leather last night at Nordstroms. I was surprised to see It so soon after It's release. As soon as I sprayed it on my arm I knew something was wrong. I got that original blast from A*Men but I also got this synthetic vibe....and not In a good way. I did not get this rich leather...but more like a pleather. It reminded me of that new plastic smell you might get from a new car. I'm not talking about the smell of expensive leather from the seats...but more like the smell from the plastic bits. It sat very close to my skin and was gone In about a hour. I'm a huge TM fan boy and love the Pure line flankers. But Pure leather and Pure shot are huge disappointments Imho.

I get the feeling that TM phoned this one In. I wish he would have put more effort Into the leather note(s) To my nose It's a watered down version of the original A*Men with cheep Ingredients. I love the original A*Men....tar note and all. Imo It has the best dry down In the fragrance Industry. Pure Havane, Pure Malt,Pure Coffee. love them all. Pure Havane Is most likely my favorite because of that wonderful tobacco leaf. But this Pure leather Is not In the same league as TM other flankers. Unless he plans on doing something really special...I hope It ends here with the pure flankers.

For those who love leather as I do....try this. Get the original A*Men or Pure Havane Pure Malt etc.. and layer It with Tom Ford Tuscany leather. The leather note In Tuscany Is one of the best..If not the best that I have ever had my nose on. I don't know what Mugler used In this formulation but It smells cheep and uninviting to me. Not deserving of the Pure flanker line. I put some on about two hours ago and can not detect anything... unless I put my nose directly on my arm....and even then I can barely smell anything. Maybe that't a good thing, ;)

Mike

PS...I also picked up another sample of Hanae Mori(1996). I feel that it's a citrus gourmand that can be worn year around. Very good projection and longevity. I will probably pick up a bottle tonight. I would suggest trying a sample If you haven't done so as of yet.

I don't know why but I have just stopped wearing cologne as I got older.

Same here, but with a reason: babies need and love the orignal smell of their parents. Once I became dad, I stopped adding artificial smell to me.

Before that, I went for the lemon / herb side of perfumes - L'eau d'Issey, R de Cappuci.

I picked up a sample of TM Pure leather last night at Nordstroms. I was surprised to see It so soon after It's release. As soon as I sprayed it on my arm I knew something was wrong. I got that original blast from A*Men but I also got this synthetic vibe....and not In a good way. I did not get this rich leather...but more like a pleather. It reminded me of that new plastic smell you might get from a new car. I'm not talking about the smell of expensive leather from the seats...but more like the smell from the plastic bits. It sat very close to my skin and was gone In about a hour. I'm a huge TM fan boy and love the Pure line flankers. But Pure leather and Pure shot are huge disappointments Imho.

I get the feeling that TM phoned this one In. I wish he would have put more effort Into the leather note(s) To my nose It's a watered down version of the original A*Men with cheep Ingredients. I love the original A*Men....tar note and all. Imo It has the best dry down In the fragrance Industry. Pure Havane, Pure Malt,Pure Coffee. love them all. Pure Havane Is most likely my favorite because of that wonderful tobacco leaf. But this Pure leather Is not In the same league as TM other flankers. Unless he plans on doing something really special...I hope It ends here with the pure flankers.

For those who love leather as I do....try this. Get the original A*Men or Pure Havane Pure Malt etc.. and layer It with Tom Ford Tuscany leather. The leather note In Tuscany Is one of the best..If not the best that I have ever had my nose on. I don't know what Mugler used In this formulation but It smells cheep and uninviting to me. Not deserving of the Pure flanker line. I put some on about two hours ago and can not detect anything... unless I put my nose directly on my arm....and even then I can barely smell anything. Maybe that't a good thing, ;)

Mike

PS...I also picked up another sample of Hanae Mori(1996). I feel that it's a citrus gourmand that can be worn year around. Very good projection and longevity. I will probably pick up a bottle tonight. I would suggest trying a sample If you haven't done so as of yet.

Awesome review bro, you're right about layering the successful flankers with Tuscan Leather and such likes for a proper cuir experience.

I don't get much leather in Pure Leather, but I don't fully dislike the main fragrance either. But I just won't wear it that much. I am just in the mood for smokier, boozier and woodier scents.

Yes, Egoiste is very good. I have never heard of Evaflor Double Whiskey, but it sounds good.

Double Whisky is very nice. But it may be a problem to find it somewhere in the shop. But there is no problem with online purchase. Double Whisky is one of the cheapest out there (like 10 eur) and smells really like ... smoky whisky :D Unusual, interesting, sweet and smoky. I do recommend.

Chanel Platinum Egoiste and Gucci Guilty Intense.

Good choice. I have tried Platinum Egoiste as well, but it was much different from that black Egoiste. It was more brisk, defined and spicy.

Awesome review bro, you're right about layering the successful flankers with Tuscan Leather and such likes for a proper cuir experience.

I don't get much leather in Pure Leather, but I don't fully dislike the main fragrance either. But I just won't wear it that much. I am just in the mood for smokier, boozier and woodier scents.

Thanks bro. :) I almost blind purchased PL....thats how much I wanted to like this new TM Pure flanker. Who knows??....maybe It's my skin. I'm going to wear It several more times and hope I warm up to It. But If I don't I will always have a decant of TF Tuscany. That stuff Is magic In a bottle. :D

Mike

I got a sample of Prada's amber ph Intense last night. I thought It was ok but could not hold a candle to the original Prada amber. The projection and longevity are not nearly as good. That clean ...just got out of the shower smell...Is not present as well. A good fragrance but the Intense thing makes no sense to my nose.

Don't know where they got the Intense part from... but i will stick with my original Prada Amber. It may have no amber but It sure has a really clean fresh expensive smell to it. ;)

I also get around 24 hrs on my skin. Nothing else comes close. Not even A*Men when It comes to lasting power.

Mike