When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

Hey gang.  I love the enthusiasm on this subject but I need to interject with another PSA for Allergy/Sinus sufferers out there, everywhere.

Story:

So, I have the luxury of working from my local coffee-shop - indie cafe on a pretty regular basis.  Recently, this guy has been totally stinking up the place with "too heavily applied" cologne. 

Talk about a BUZZ kill (Pun intended).  Walking into my favorite local haunt, with hopes of doing an hour or so of work on the ole' laptop, now results in a sinus headache and me leaving one of my favorite places. :-(  (He too appears to be a "Camper" (someone who spends hours at the place) so there is no avoiding him this last week!!!)

THANK YOU - those of you - Who know how to properly apply/wear their colognes. 

To the young or uninitiated, please, a dab on your pulse points is all you need.  I should NOT be able to smell you from 15' away.  

A good rule of thumb - I should NOT be able to smell you until I am in "Reading Distance of the Watch Brand on your Wrist."

Again, thanks for the common courtesy...  Carry on. :-)

My favourite scent at the moment hands down is Creed Aventus.

I can't stand all the mainstream rubbish the sheep flock to.

It's important to find a scent and stick with it, personalising it. 

Find something obscure, mysterious and most importantly rare.

My favourites are as follows.

1) Creed Aventus

2) Creed Vetiver

3) Tom Ford Vetiver

4) Jo Malone custom bergamot male cologne

5) Hermes Terre De'Hermes

6) Sisley

If you don't have the funds or the energy to source any of the above.

Mainstream scents can apply nicely in different situations.

Amarni Aqua Di Gio is a lovely fresh sporty scent  

or even Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Original).

Issey Miyake is very fresh.

Something with a little more weight like Christian Dior is a good business/night scent.

Hope this helps.

Spenny-

i just bought some montblanc legend and it smells real good. I exhausted my zegna ducati and i realised that the moncblanc lasts 2x as long as the highly vaunted zegna ducati :)

I also just bought Montblanc Legend the smell is amazing and i find that if i spray just 3 times in the morning can still smell it at 5pm that night

• 2 weeks later...

Old school POLO green bottle.  The original.  Been wearing it since I was 13.  Tried other fragrances but always go back to it.  I wear it everyday.  Probably a day has not gone by in 30 years that I have not had on the Polo.  

Old school POLO green bottle. The original. Been wearing it since I was 13. Tried other fragrances but always go back to it. I wear it everyday. Probably a day has not gone by in 30 years that I have not had on the Polo.

Thats actually quite touching! Great scent choice buddy!<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

hmmm today there is a distinct aroma of stale beer, pizza, and vagina. put it all together get it patented and call it "Beezgina"

Hmmm on the other hand it sounds like the black panther cologne from Ron burgundy's Anchorman!

Now that I'm married, I use what appeals to the old lady.

I noticed she really liked my Jack Black aftershave cooling lotion, but the scent would wear off after a few hours.

But I found out Jack Black has a cologne as well, which is basically the same scent as the lotion, but lasts quite a bit longer.

I don't like heavy, musky fragrance, but this one is pretty clean and fresh.  JMO.