When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken ladies DJ

w.genzo

Hi All,

I would like to build a ladies DateJust for my fiancèe, and I'm wondering if anyone already did it.. if I rememer right Ubi was working on it..

In particular, would a ETA 2671-2 fit in a 69174 genuine case?

I don't mind about the spacer, my concern is about the thickness..

Another option would be to put a gen crown+dial on a rep case.. in this case which rep would be the most appropriate?

Thank you in advance for your help

Alex

... refinished tudor dial branded as Rolex.

The date window would be incorrect. For it to look right you have to use a 2671 with a DW overlay and a "proper" rep or gen dial. I've built a couple and they are a bit of a PITA as the 2671 DW is "sunken" so a "shim" has to be added between the original DW and the overlay or the overlay will rub on the movement. I did this by sacrificing a 2671 DW and grinding the "teeth" off the inside and then sanding.

post-24124-0-54442200-1323785763.jpg

post-24124-0-49185700-1323785775.jpg

post-24124-0-77144900-1323785789.jpg

post-24124-0-00667500-1323785873.jpg

I've done 4 of the ladies Tudors and all have the 2671 already in them from the factory. I send the original Tudor dial off to be refinished with the Rolex name and pick my color. A orig Rolex dial will not fit as the case is slightly smaller. Most of them even have Rolex marked bracelets already on them and Rolex crowns. Many sellers would do this on Ebay back a few years ago and try to sell them as gen Rolex.

Getting the 2671 to work in a gen Rolex 69173 or similar series case is a pain and then you have to mess with date wheel alignment etc.

Getting the 2671 to work in a gen Rolex 69173 or similar series case is a pain and then you have to mess with date wheel alignment etc.

It IS a pain but you have the same issue with any Rolex franken if you want it to look right...