When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some expert advice for TW best/WM9

irolexu

So as some of you may know there is a WM9 V2 (so BK says) on repgeek and I am possibly considering selling my BK TW best with WM9 dial hands SL etc...cause I am having gen parts coming in and if I can trade up to the better sub and then franken the heck out of it that might be a better deal then again the TW is a great watch. I am just trying to go for as close to absolute accuracy as I can achieve with a 16610 (even though 100% accurate=GEN). Right now I have a genuine insert and crystal for install this month next is gen crown and tube. so to sum it up...should I pull the trigger on a WM9 franken or franken the TW either way I'll be very pleased with either outcome! thanks RWG!

post-38265-0-10599200-1323839684.jpg

I have both the TW sub and the WM9 V3 sub ( and also the WM9 LV, V3 !) and I think that the TW case is as nice as the WM9 but You have to shave the CG:s on the TW sub case.

The V2 AND the TW sub has incorrect crown position ( by 0,45 mm to low ( WM9 V3 uses eta 2824-2 compared to eta 2836-2 in TW sub !) .

And the V3 WM9 has better (higher!) crownposition but on the WM9 V3 case the material at the CG is machined down a little to much!

So both has cons and pro!:)

On the WM9 V3 the genuine bezel -insert fitted without sanding it down.:)

Regarding the clickspring, I have chaged the standard one with a one from Clarks that is way better than the standard spring:)

Indeed. Also known as the "pepsi" GMT. The transformer is due to the same overall color scheme as Optimus Prime.

Nope.

The Transformer was BK's name for his GMT, because he offered an option where the bezel ring easily came off. It was secure, but lifted off without tools. You could then order multiple bezel rings with inserts installed and easily "transform" the watch from being a pepsi GMT to a coke GMT or all black GMT.

Ok great I'll replace the click spring with Clark's right now my TW is on the way to bk for insert and xstal!! Next Clark's spring gen crown and tube and that's how you answer "who has the best sub?" I do

Well, I've got all of the above and a gen 93250 clasp on my PBdad modded bracelet. I've compared my TW with uber mods against my gen 16610 and it's pretty amazing. You're on the right track ;-)

Well, I've got all of the above and a gen 93250 clasp on my PBdad modded bracelet. I've compared my TW with uber mods against my gen 16610 and it's pretty amazing. You're on the right track ;-)

Thanks! Have you tried the Clark's click spring on TW? Did it improve your rotation?

As you all know I'm a Sub freak and I owned all possible models out there.

So as mentioned all have there flaws.

The TW is much more as the WM9 V1, so a good base. Also SELs are much nicer than WM9.

I prever the WM9 V2 Case because the CGs are nicer than the TW.

With some Mods you can get a great result on both models.

Take a look at my Hybrid Sub there are Mixed Parts of both worlds and gen ones for shure. ;)

Looks great Frank...

I already have the crown-tube set,in some weeks i will have the insert and i am in a search of a crystal..I talked to Clark yesterday though and he said he will have his new crystal ready in about three weeks time..So i might get this instead with a 2.5mm gasket and the gen insert will make a good combo...Also i think the noob bracelet is a must have for the tw..

Looks great Frank...

I already have the crown-tube set,in some weeks i will have the insert and i am in a search of a crystal..I talked to Clark yesterday though and he said he will have his new crystal ready in about three weeks time..So i might get this instead with a 2.5mm gasket and the gen insert will make a good combo...Also i think the noob bracelet is a must have for the tw..

yes - Clarks is fine - if you click to my old Euromariner review - there are pics with Clarks and gen - not too much difference -

for the bracelet i would use the TW - endlinks with the noob bracelet.

cheers,

Frank