When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time New Seadweller 16600

ShawnBeever

The product ID number in the URL indicates these are leftover links for the old SSD, and are definitely NOT placeholder links for the new superlumed SD that the cartel has been working on (which in the latest newsletter was announced to be coming in a month, after the surprise release of the Explorer II).

I predict that sea dweller 4000 fans will be very happy in the near future...

Care to elaborate?? I'm a BIG 16600 SD fan and currently have a couple of very good SSD's that have been modded. It was a LONG, hard road to find them and I paid a premium for them but it's worth it IMO. These are the best Rolex reps I've ever owned. I'm not a nitpicker about the ever so fine flaws that you have to use a loupe to see so these look perfect to me!

I would really love this "cartel" 16600 superlumed version to be a little bit better than the old SSD's. I would probably have to buy 2 or 3 if they are!

Care to elaborate?? I'm a BIG 16600 SD fan and currently have a couple of very good SSD's that have been modded. It was a LONG, hard road to find them and I paid a premium for them but it's worth it IMO. These are the best Rolex reps I've ever owned. I'm not a nitpicker about the ever so fine flaws that you have to use a loupe to see so these look perfect to me!

I would really love this "cartel" 16600 superlumed version to be a little bit better than the old SSD's. I would probably have to buy 2 or 3 if they are!

hopefully this month - and hopefully 1:1 ... i would already sell my SSDs now ;) they are already 4 years old now - time for an update :)

at least it will have SL - i hope thex fix the rehaut thickness + possibility to install a gen glass - or at least i hope the get rid of that terrible etched crown ...

Edited by Star69

It would be nice if they did release them this month, but we all know how that goes...... The SL (if it's good quality and not applied all over the indices like the DSSD) should be awesome. I'm a huge lume freak and that's the biggest letdown for me with all reps. It's also one of the biggest tells IMO, everyone knows that Rolex watches have good lume. Modern models that is, I guess it's OK for vintage pieces because their T25 lume would long dead by now anyway.

The product ID number in the URL indicates these are leftover links for the old SSD, and are definitely NOT placeholder links for the new superlumed SD that the cartel has been working on (which in the latest newsletter was announced to be coming in a month, after the surprise release of the Explorer II).

Thanks for clearing that up!

We have already seen a the sl dial. It looked pretty nice to my eye. Let's hope they get the crown position, rehaut, and bracelet end link shape right. I know for a fact a lot of time is being invested in getting this right, so let's hope it's everything we know it can be.

Not much longer I'm guessing ;)