When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Feel Good Videos

jubog

I am sure everyone has come across a video on Youtube that just made them feel all warm and fuzzy, or have a "f*ck yeah" reaction. Not sure, if this thread exists, but if not it would be awesome to gather your favorites. I will start, here is one of my favorite videos on Youtube:

Edited by jubog

I agree - there are some wonderful videos around - I'm in!

Since seeing your post and being reminded of these wonderful things I have been trying to find a couple of Christmas videos on the tube .... so far I can't find them so if anyone out there can help, I'd sure appreciate that.

here is the basic thread - they were Ad campaigns ... I think for a mobile phone carrier ...

1. Elderly lady gets off bus - a guy has her purse ... you see him running and jumping over all sorts of obstacle (with grunge-like Christmas music in the background) .... the video is all frenetic and eventually you come to think the guy has snatched the lady's purse and is feverishly running away with it ... until he sees her and stops her, only to hand her the purse which she had inadvertently left on the bus.

2. Dad is on the phone moaning to his wife that he FINALLY found the damn teddy bear their daughter wanted for Christmas ... he is carrying on how hard it was to find it and how busy everyone is and how crazy everything is blah blah blah .... all the while he has hold of the hand of his 3 yr old (?) little girl. He is distracted for just a second and she walks off toward what looks like a bundle of filth in the street that turns out to be a elderly homeless man - as the guy frantically realises she is not with him and he turns around to see where his daughter is, the camera moves in and we observe the little girl GIVE the homeless man the very teddy bear she had just received. I'd love to find these again ...

great effort but that's not it .... the guy is doing parcor or whatever it's called to get the old lady's purse back to her. I really appreciate you're efforts though .... I LOVE seeing people perform their bloody hearts out for a sheer joy of doing so ....

... and these still NEVER fail to get me - what spirit - what talent - what heart - what am I doing to make the world happier?

But then, I see this young fella and can't help wondering how many people die without ever being given a chance to shine - and after all, we don't shine to give ourselves light .... when opportunity is denied or lives are oppressed through our own fears or selfishness, how much light are we denying ourselves? How much smaller are our lives made? How much poorer our world?

Guess who said "Only a life lived for others is worth living" ... ?

Living a large percentage of one's life 'rough' ... without love ... without education... with little human warmth ... and the constant threat of exploitation, quite literally, the threat to one's life a constant possibility - to be able to stand before thousands and put yourself out there like that is heroic ... his RAW talent - his UNTRAINED voice - and his UTTER lack of self-pity moves me each time I see him.

Again - what am I doing to make the world a better place?

And this wonderful. lovely lad from Kilmore - my sleepy-hollow town.

If you'd like to donate to the Moira Kelly Foundation, you will know where your money is going. Us folk around here call her "Saint Moira"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCHS6geSs-k

@KB that video is awesome. Thank you for sharing! I came across this video, which is one of those "f*ck year" get pumped videos. What do you guys think?

The video itself its pretty boring, but the message is awesome.