When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

22 year old GMT Replica

alterego

As I was cleaning the drawers of my garage "desk" I found an old replica that I bought in a garage sale yeeeears ago. This is a quartz GMT with all the defects that a 20 year old eplica can have. Still, this may be collector's item sometime so I want to restore it. I found a a case thtat is in better shape but the bezel does not fit. I wonder if someone can suggest where to look for parts, so as to bring this piece of watch replica history back to life.

Here are some pics. Please, feel free to say anything you may consider related to the topic, but also please consider this is a 22 year old replica, made in an epoch when the rep industry of today did not exist.

Cheers.

post-1234-0-25284600-1324828147.jpg

post-1234-0-42147500-1324828197.jpg

post-1234-0-19621500-1324828235.jpg

post-1234-0-62860500-1324828284.jpg

Always nice to see an old rep! Shows how far our rep industry has come. To revive this project would be expensive IMO, are the case specs close enough to our present day reps that parts will fit? If it's an odd size case you will have to modify EVERY piece you want to replace. And that will get insanely expensive! You might be better off to just reassemble it and keep it as a "keep sake".

Thank you guys for the tips. I can see restoring the watch can be more expensive than getting a new one but I'll try to work on fixing it for sentimental reasons. It's very similar to my first Rolex GMT Replica, -long time gone - bought in Mexico in 1990.

Thank you again for your comments.