When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC 93250 Oyster Bracelet

tc670207

A member commissioned me to build the second TC Submariner. I promised to document the process before sending out the watch.

Before beginning the assembly, I want to make a brief introduction to the 93250 Oyster Bracelet I bought. This particular part costs only $30. It is cheap, comparing to other marked parts, but it has its disadvantages and rooms for perfection.

Let's start with the spring bar that holds the end link to the lugs.

The spring bar is of gen construction and 1:1 to gen size, 2.00 mm.

tc20springbar01.jpg

tc20springbar02.jpg

tc20springbar03.jpg

Gen spring bar to the left, and TC's spring bar to the right. The spring bars comes with the bracelet.

tc20springbar04.jpg

On one side, the end link fits the TC Sub watchcase perfectly.

tc93250oysterbracelet01.jpg

On another side, the end link is too narrow it leaves 0.05 mm gap from the lug. It is not notice-able for bare eyes, but the gap just can not be ignored under a macro lens.

tc93250oysterbracelet02.jpg

Gen 93250 laser engraving within the SEL

tc93250oysterbracelet03.jpg

Gen SEL finish:

tc93250oysterbracelet04.jpg

TC's 93250 laser engraving within the SEL:

tc93250oysterbracelet05.jpg

TC's 93250 SEL finish:

tc93250oysterbracelet06.jpg

TC's 93250 SEL with gen 2.0mm spring bar

tc93250oysterbracelet07.jpg

TC 93250 Bracelet has hollow mid-links. This is a gen feature. However, the edges of the bracelet are not very well polished. It feels a little bit sharp.

tc93250oysterbracelet08.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet09.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet10.jpg

I polished 3 remove-able links using #400 sand paper for the initial polishing, #600 and #800 for finer polishing. The result is promising!

tc93250oysterbracelet12.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet13.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet14.jpg

The diver's extension clasp marking, gen and TC:

tc93250oysterbracelet15.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet16.jpg

Gen marking on the clasp VS. TC's. My gen Submariner is of V-Series. I think my seller uses an older series as datum i.e. K-series.

tc93250oysterbracelet17.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet18.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet19.jpg

Gen K-series clasp marking:

img9405i.jpg

The polishing job of the clasp edges and safety buckle edges are top notch. I don't understand why my seller doesn't polish the edges of the bracelet just a little bit more so it would give the whole bracelet gen feel. But the bracelet is only $30, what can I ask more?

tc93250oysterbracelet20.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet21.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet22.jpg

The markings within the clasp:

tc93250oysterbracelet25.jpg

tc93250oysterbracelet26.jpg

In conclusion, this is the best quality 93250 oyster bracelet I could find during the 4 months searching, and it doesn't come expansive at all.

It does have some disadvantages such as narrow end link on one side and sharp edges on the bracelet. But it also has some great features: top notch quality clasp, in and out; gen style hollow mid links; and the edges on the bracelet are so easy to be improved, one can polish off the sharp edges with only sand papers at home.

One thing I forget to mention, the screws on the remove-able links are very easy to operate. They flush into each link cleanly end to end. This is nothing I see from other replicas found in GZ watch market or anywhere else. And it costs only $30.

Amazing! One question, can you get me a bracelet or two! Not kidding, pm me is this can happen!

Thanks for the awesome write up!

M

M, I'm glad to. Pls give me a pm.

Incredible, can you make a perfect bracelet for my GMT II

Carpe Diem

Cats

Cats, I didn't make the bracelet, I bought it. Do you know the reference number of the GMT bracelet? I'd happy to ask my seller if they have it or not for you.

The reference number of the GMT II strap is 78790A. The flip lock is shorter as the standard fliplock on a sub bracelet.

Carpe Diem

Cats

I asked my seller, he doesn't have 78790A bracelet, but he has 78760 and 93160A bracelet. I'll bring some back the next time I'm dispatched to Asia.

Are you sharing your source or do we need to pm you if we want a bracelet?

My seller is Chinese. I'm pretty sure he doesn't speak English. If you speak Chinese, I'd love to send him business.

• Like 1