When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Checking in

RobbieG

Hi guys. It's gotta be an age since I checked in here. What's doing with the usual suspects. As I glance at the boards it's comforting to see the usual suspects are still around. What have I missed? Lotta new super reps I'm sure? My collection really slimmed down a lot to just a few from each "category" that always get attention but I'm already getting the bug again. Oh-ohhh...

Edited by RobbieG

Welcome back man! Good to see ya. I too stepped away a little and am back. Already have a project and a purchase or 2 coming;). There are a few new very super reps. Pams are leading the charge but there are others.

I hope you stick around and take some new great pics. I miss those wristies from your mini

M

Doooooooood, what's up brother. I have been a ghost for while. Io never left my house and didn't wear any watches. I'm getting my crap back together, and I needed something new to lookat :) I'm back, and getting a light box together for the first time in 2 yrs. Pieces to sell pieces to buy and setup a proper, creative traditional PHO 2012 collection shot :)

Good to see you.

lol all of your current watches are gen's!

Yeah, they tend to be usually. I like to buy reps of stuff I'm interested in to see if I really like it before springing for the gen. Saves a lot of money. The PO, Aquatimer, Yachtmaster are all good examples of that process.

I've gotta update the gen collection in the signature though as it has changed a bit. Was almost 50 pieces at one time which was ridiculous as I never wore them. All that remains are the YM, the VC, the platinum/glacier DD and the Ti Aquatimer from the list, and I added a RG DD w/Tahitian MOP dial and a 44mm Aquatimer from the Vintage Collection. I wear them all regularly which is a prerequisite these days. I'm not really a collector anymore....

Robbie, Great to see you...

I use the when Robbie would

teach us about movements etc..

I use to call you my intellect watch guru.. :partytime:

Glad to see you back home my friend...

You have been gone making millions

on those Hedge funds.. ;)

Cheers,

MM

Hahahahahahahahahaha. The markets have been wonderful. Lots of volatility in the last few years, which for us is welcomed and then some. Though we still have some funds frozen from that F'n MF debacle. Makes me sick. We got most of it released and thank God we didn't clear everything through them. I've got associates from other firms that are going broke not being able to trade their funds at all. Criminal that the Merc didn't make that right and nip it in the bud right when it happened. Don't get me started...

BTW, if anyone is interested my gen Rhodium/roman/oyster Datejust is up for sale on TZ right now. I had two of them actually identical except I had a fluted bezel I put on one, and wore it a ton before I got the Day-Dates. That one I sold locally and the one for sale now is the one I basically never wore. I probably should have listed it here first but didn't think of it...

Doooooooood, what's up brother. I have been a ghost for while. Io never left my house and didn't wear any watches. I'm getting my crap back together, and I needed something new to lookat :) I'm back, and getting a light box together for the first time in 2 yrs. Pieces to sell pieces to buy and setup a proper, creative traditional PHO 2012 collection shot :)

Good to see you.

Good to see you too. I gotta get over there and visit one of these days...

What kind of gig are you looking for?

Hey man. If you get a minute, give me a rig.

I have to stay in BROWARD/ Miami. I'm divorced and have an awesome 5 yr old. I'm a lawyer/ lobbyist/ pr advertising/ government procurements.

But, I just need a job. I don't remember how long ago we had the lunch. But, i had a few ruff years. Back got worse, wife didn't want to deal with it. So divorced. Had a fusion in my neck and micro in my lower back. Neck was 10 mo ago. Doing much now. But, ithe middle of this, the political scandals of BROWARD caused an avalanche which killed local lobbying, so my industry is gone. Which is fine, but, the economy tanked and everyone I know is laying people off. So, I'm in a ruff spot. Super competition for even 40k/ yr. Because my direct experience is in a field that is gone, when I apply I'm either over qualified or under. There is 1 ji. I'm up for that is perfect. Liveable pay, in line with my talents. The dude tells me, I'm afraid you will get bored. Ehhhhh. If I could choose, I'd teach under Grad law classes at a second rate college. But I can do sales, I can travel, I'm good at presentations, writing giving graphics.

I don't want to do law, but I will, I'm not cut for big firms, not my style. I'd love to do entry level family law or wills and trusts.

I'm actually in a bad situation. My parents have hit the limit of a slow financial collapse. they are out of $$ to help me and last time I took in a check was 10 mo ago. I can pay my bills at 50-60k but I'm not picky. Somehow the time I had to draw down on their credit card was cut a few months short. Ive been applying to everything since august. -I thought had stuff lined up for post surgery. But everything fell through.

I'm not kidding, best buys is starting to look like a way to go

I'm back, too. Had to take a little time off. Got a little overwhelmed with watch stuff. Had a little wood refinishing project...

post-4211-0-83004500-1326123327.jpg

only took about a year.

Right before that, my subscription was denied for some reason that I couldn't figure out at the time. I don't know if it was because my credit card company changed my account number, or my isp had to change my email address, or what. I have to sign in with my old email, and I'd like to upgrade, but still keep my avatar so folks know who I am again. Maybe someone on the admin team can help me out with this.

Looks like there's a lot of stuff happening, new members, new reps,etc. I've been lurking for a few days and am starting to get the hang of it again. Good to see some of the same folks are still here. I really like the new section with Frederico's handmade watches. I gotta get me one o' them someday, but I'll probably have to sell my Porsche to do it.

I'm back, too. Had to take a little time off. Got a little overwhelmed with watch stuff. Had a little wood refinishing project...

post-4211-0-83004500-1326123327.jpg

only took about a year.

Right before that, my subscription was denied for some reason that I couldn't figure out at the time. I don't know if it was because my credit card company changed my account number, or my isp had to change my email address, or what. I have to sign in with my old email, and I'd like to upgrade, but still keep my avatar so folks know who I am again. Maybe someone on the admin team can help me out with this.

Looks like there's a lot of stuff happening, new members, new reps,etc. I've been lurking for a few days and am starting to get the hang of it again. Good to see some of the same folks are still here. I really like the new section with Frederico's handmade watches. I gotta get me one o' them someday, but I'll probably have to sell my Porsche to do it.

I tend to take breaks, 3 mo n average a year. My recent hiatus was long but that was beyond my control. :) it's healthy to take time off and it's more exciting to comeback to something interesting. Also, it helps from "jumping on the first release befor they fix flaws" disease :)

I tend to take breaks, 3 mo n average a year. My recent hiatus was long but that was beyond my control. :) it's healthy to take time off and it's more exciting to comeback to something interesting. Also, it helps from "jumping on the first release befor they fix flaws" disease :)

I think that's the way to go. I tend to hang in there until my eyes glaze over, and that's when it's time to quit. There's always so much interesting stuff going on, it's a hard habit to quit. I already have my eye on some of those new Pams, and I really should hang on to my $$$, but, well, you know.... :crazy: