When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it really the best 6263 case on the market?

Maca08

I don't know anything about this case, but a few observations. One it's costwise between DW and Phong, being a lot closer to DW. With gen crown and tube and T-21 (he says $350 value- but they could easily be rep parts), it's really the same as a DW. Bezel insert looks good to me and the case itself appears to be ok. I have no idea who Angelo DeVille is, but someone has pointed this case out on the rep forums before.

And sometimes you just have to take a chance.... with DW getting out of the game, it's going to be harder to find these cases at a reasonable price.

What the heck? Now it's back baby back!

Sorry, but I really couldn't see the listing when I first posted. I agree with alligoat: This is just a modded DW 6263 case, easily identified by its bezel insert, and pushers that are too toothy and too high. There's also that odd shelf between the crown and bezel; someone should make a funny nickname for that!

"DW 1680 is not 1:1 (it not accept Gen Crystal and wrong bezel construction). Interesting will be to know if this 1680 is 1:1."

I am just guessing but it looks a lot like the 'pot belly' cases that DW sold on eBay for $99 and on his website.

No pictures of the bezel off the case so it could be a 'paperclip' bezel

Looks like the same shallow caseback gasket groove.

Bezel/insert looks the same.

Same rounded case sides.

Letters look the same.

Higher price!!

Good looking watch!

They are well made and if a genspec crystal was a direct fit, it would make things a whole lot easier.

thank you Automatico.

On Dw's Case, the Gen crystal need to be glued.

Unfortunately The case is not like MBW. And is not 1.1 build.

And GEN bezel insert need some reworking at the bezel too.

That's on my opinion is really BUD ......