When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

COMMING SOON - The Relaunch of PHO

fotoman

As I have commented in various threads, I'm working on Getting the useful information, tips and tricks, classic photos and PHOtos of my new pieces. the watches you know well But, the straps will make the show. I went to a craft store to buy a few things to build a new lightbox based on my previous experiences. I got fabric for 3$ and a cloth organizing basket square and a little smaller than a laundry basket. - Perfect, cut some holes, lay the cloth over the holes - put your light source to the white area - I'm using the new swirly bulbs. - They have a "natural sunlight" bulb. Its dreadful as room lighting, but, Should be the best for a light box. I'm still building small light guiding light covers out of cardboard and tin foil. So the light gets directed into the box and not diffused into the room. Its a design that cost less than 20$ and can be made mostly from stuff around the house.

However, at the craft store, I went nuts getting a few fabrics, a few synthetic materials, some creative ways to put texture into the photos.

And, on a whim i got some wood to make PHO letters. Worked on those last night for a couple hours. They came out awesome, I want to feature them in my photos.

I needed a new sweeeet reflective wood to make sweet buttery photos of my babies. I searched the net high and low i came up with 2 options. Using Veneer or getting a small 6x6 piece of wood i can polish. After i picked a few out to start narrowing down - I forgot that I still have some in my pen shop. So i have a few things from the old pen shop to help put together my new setup.

I litterally have a pile of new experiments.

Over the next couple weeks I'm hoping to roll out all of this content and new ideas i have been gathering. Its a bit daunting at the moment. And its the 3rd daunting task i'm taking on - wait 4th - Not sure why, but, I keep seeing the work from 3 yrs ago, and its killing me not to continue. I had a permentant box seutp so it was easy to snap a few shots. But, alas, my DSLR has a wide angle lens and it HATES closeups. So, I had to make Lightbox 2.o and borrow and normal pocket sized point and shoot and build it out. Its coming along. Much work to do.

I snapped a few quick photos that I will share here.

phocomingsoon.jpg

Wood

woodo.jpg

Old Box

oldoi.jpg

\

New Box

newmxo.jpg

• Like 1