When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nostalgia

RobbieG

Its been a long time since I took a watch photo, but here are some old wristies I took back in the day to post here...

Robbie!

I doubt you remember the days you and I used to chat over PM. If you do; I ended up buying a Gen GMT2C.

Your pictures single handedly got me deeply into this hobby. I consider your pics of the PO (particularly on blue shark) the best PO pics ive seen and I will definately buy a 116200 later this year, as we discussed a long while ago!

Good to see your still enjoying them

I was going to say the same thing .. did you reduce the color intensity on the white dimple dial UN? It has a monochromatic style that suits the overall image.

Good work

No, I didn't do any color corrections on any of them. Its the greet dial version, not the silver which is the one that appears more like white in some lighting. The grey dial is rhodium so it has that look in all light.

I actually don't own the watch anymore. As much as I love the way it looks I find it very uncomfortable as I started to feel about many watches. I suppose thats the main reason I have gravitated back to Rolex after so much exploration. I'm old school at the end of the day I guess and I like the classic designs. But more than that I love the way they feel on me. 9 times out of 10 these days you will see me with one of the two Day Dates or the Yachtmaster. If dressed in a suit which is rare I'll wear the VC and if in shorts or otherwise very casual clothes the Aquatimer. I do have a whole in the casual corner for a black dialed sport watch and I'll bet I end up with another black Sub, which like most was the first rep I ever had. Full circle. At this point there are only a couple watches I really want that are more collection type pieces. I want a great perpetual and a great column wheel chrono. The perpetual is likely to be a Lange, though I'm still getting my mind around dropping that kind of money on a F'ing watch. Though the PT DD was a painful warmup. lol. The column wheel chrono is leaning toward another VC. Maybe this year who knows. Honestly I've been enjoying having a small collection and wearing all my watches every week for a change. I found with a large collection once I photographed them they would sit and eventually started to wonder if I was actually buying them just to have fun taking pictures.

Robbie!

I doubt you remember the days you and I used to chat over PM. If you do; I ended up buying a Gen GMT2C.

Of course I do! That is a great watch. I had one for a short time. Forget now why I got rid of it. I think I had decided at the time to keep the PO as the black dialed sports watch. I kind of developed a "one watch per broad category" objective. Still do, though as I said earlier I have a hole in that category now. Youve reminded me that maybe I need to consider that watch along with a new Sub.

Of course I do! That is a great watch. I had one for a short time. Forget now why I got rid of it. I think I had decided at the time to keep the PO as the black dialed sports watch. I kind of developed a "one watch per broad category" objective. Still do, though as I said earlier I have a hole in that category now. Youve reminded me that maybe I need to consider that watch along with a new Sub.

I was explaining that concept to someone the other day :) I think they thought I was weird :) although for me, it's a veto factor in deciding what new to get