When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best bracelet and clasp for DSSD?

gmtlover

The Deep Sea should have came with one of the BEST bracelets Rolex has ever made IMO! The clasp on the DSSD with it's easy to operate glidelock type clasp is awesome. You can get the perfect fit and it's very quick and easy to adjust on the go when your wrist swells/shrinks with temperature chages.

Did you DSSD not come with a bracelet?

You are wearing it. Clean it, lube it properly, and you will be very pleased. Use dry lubricant for bicycle chains.

But aren't there supposed to be numbers engraved on the SEL's like a Sub?

And the Rolex letters on the clasp are lasered instead of engraved as I see on some other clasps.

Rolex strictly controls dssd parts. Last time I heard, gen watches all had to be sent to Switzerland even for the most trivial service.

Maybe you can find gen parts. I doubt it tho.

And yes, rep bracelets are lasered.

So what you are saying is that there are no better versions of a rep bracelet/clasp available for the DSSD?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Though I would slip in with a commet as well. Just got mine DSSD. Bracelet in generic is good, but mine has some serious finish issues. I am utterly supprised, as I red some topic regarding the best rep bracelets available, and this was regarded to be one of them. I find that finish and overall quality is essential to this, not only the function and wearability.

Please see pics. I doubt these are easy to fix my self, so I filed a complaint to the dealer, asking for a replacement bracelet with acceptable finish and quality, equal to the finish and quality of the watch itself.

Foto1927.jpgFoto1926.jpgFoto1928.jpg

• 4 months later...

I feel the same with my DSSD bracelet. The bracelet doesn't live up to the quality of the watch. The gap where the Rolex crown locks over the bracelet is uneven, the wet suit extension opens up too easy and the Rolex writing on the clasp doesn't look good. I would be very interested in understanding how I might be able to improve this.