When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Gen Like Bezel

So, I had a business dinner last night with some people I had never met before. I wore my orig. NOOB standard 16610. One of the gentlemen I met with was sporting a gen16610 that I could tell was gen from across the table.

The thing that stood out the most about his gen watch, was the deep and sharp machining on the bezel. I became very self conscious of the rep on my wrist. Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty good and most people believe its gen. But, I did feel uncomfortable.

So, let hear the votes for the best bezel, so I can feel good about the rep 16610 again.

I think iRolex is referring to BK's TW bezel , yes they are very identical to Gen Bezel teeths. v1 teeth is indeed short and shallow, looks like older 16800 bezels...

But one thing bothers me on BK's TW bezel is they are not consistent , meaning when you look around every teeth, you will notice not every teeth is as long and deep... It's about 1/5 of bezel that has shallower teeth.

I still like v2 bezel the best ...

But im starting to get interested in Sean's bezel... They have very long and defined teeth , the shape of hollow-ins are also very Gen -like

I think OP is talking about the shineyness of the edge/teeth on the side of the bezel.

I have noticed this myself especially when under the intense bright light at a jewelers counter.

The polished teeth are very shiny and reflective on the GEN while the REP is not as reflective.

If a person knows to look for this, an obvious tell can be seen from across the room.

I think one could polish this oneself and make it shiny.

Anyone care to do a DIY? :)

I dont think you average Rolex owner could tell the difference over a dinner table and if the small details bother you like that then best thing you can do is get a Tw sub from BK and do a little modding then no one will be able to tell the difference

The only bezel I know is Sean's Bezel on his 1:1 Case.

it's the most correct one I've seen.

Believe me I had all of them.

MBW

WM9 V1,V2,V3

TW Best

etc.

None compare to Sean ones.

For those that are faily new to the REP game, who is this Sean you speak of and where can I find examples of his work?

Thanks

here is Seans case with gen insert and gen crown. he is not a "trusted dealer" here on the board, but it as trust worthy as they come. e t a s w i s s . n e t is a good place to start.

Hi,

Is is possible to take a close up pic of the teeth from the front (facing dial position) , I'm also curious about the movement installed in your picture 16610:) care to share ?

Many Thanks

$460 for case, bracelet, dial, hands.

on a side note, high i gotta ask you a question, shoot me a pm if you can :) I can tell you more about the case set from sean too! and my 2892-a2 build...

I visited sean's site and what I saw are whole watches. Where can I see where he sells just the case and bracelet? Thanks.

@ glenn, my build is with Vac at the moment, so I cant take a pic from the front. the movement is a 2892-a2 using a stilty spacer.

@6now, at seans site, go to rolex and look for ca.3135 case set.

Hi M,

May I know more about the stilty spacer you mentioned ? Where can I get it from ?

I'm looking into getting a Sean's case

But have not got any idea what spacer is compatible for a ETA movt...

Thanks in advanced !

@ glenn: stilty is a veteran member here who made spacers for franken builds a while back. they were machined to use the 2892 in place of a 3135 with a gen date wheel as an overlay.

these spacers are no longer made, and unfortunately there are no other reasonably priced options I was able to find. I was extremely fortunate to be able to source one.

I would keep and eye on the TC case. he commented that it is designed to take an eta, and the 3135. that would take the spacer out of the equation.

@6now, you can put as many gen parts on it as you can afford. my opinion, you have to get a gen insert as a minimum. the one that comes with it sucks! the dial that comes with the kit is not 100% either, so a gen dial, if you can find one, is a good idea too.

the bracelet is not a bad bracelet, there are just too many items that make it too far from the gen. The clasp is very nice, and useable. you need to mod the holes for the divers extension if you are going to use a gen extension and pin (the one with the indent on the end). the holes are not large enough to take the gen pin.

This pin is a pet peeve of mine, thats why I do it. you can get a gen extension and pin off the bay, just buy a sea dweller kit, it should come with all the pieces you need, and a screwdriver!

thats another thing, his case is an M serial, and is incorrectly labeled 16610 not 16610T

there are posts on the board about the exact serial, I dont have it written down.

usually when I am out and about, I dont let random people check out my serial #, I am friendly, but not that friendly ;)

Edited by its_urabus

thats another thing, his case is an M serial, and is incorrectly labeled 16610 not 16610T

there are posts on the board about the exact serial, I dont have it written down.

usually when I am out and about, I dont let random people check out my serial #, I am friendly, but not that friendly ;)

Will you PM me your serial number? I'm curious if they're sequential or all the same. Likewise I could PM you mine if you don't feel like sharing!

Damn, yeah, I just saw the other Sean case thread. Would a Sean case + TC bracelet (if ever he'll offer them) be a better fit? Or just go for a Noob bracelet?

I intend to try the TC/Sean combo soon if I can. My noob was too narrow...

Hello, I am very interested in the subject.

I have a BK TWB but serrated bezel also see it shallow. A few days ago I bought this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BEZEL-INSERT-S-STEEL-ROLEX-SUBMARINER-16610-PART-/310304838667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f9c140b

I'm looking forward to for comparison. I'll tell you.

It seems a steep price for a new box. Sead is a pity that you do not sell the parts separately.