When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping to Canada

Tickbytick

Thanks for your reply. Looking to purchase a Big Bang RG 41mm (http://www.essential-watches.com/Hublot-341PX130RX-Rose-Gold-Big-Bang-Rose-Gold-Case-on-Rubber-Strap-with-Black-Dial-16505-41-w.aspx)

So far, having a hard time finding one. Anyone know of any trusted dealers that would have one?

Appreciate it!

I'm also looking for information regarding shipping to Canada. I think there are customs seizures. I had a watch sent for warranty to the States when I was in Vancouver. On its way back to Vancouver, I had to pick it up at the customs office because they thought it was a new watch purchase. The customs lady was really rude actually. Even when I showed the paperwork for it, she said she was sick of people trying to smuggle watches without filling out tax forms. Again, I reminded her that it was for warranty. She just looked away.

I'm also looking for information regarding shipping to Canada. I think there are customs seizures. I had a watch sent for warranty to the States when I was in Vancouver. On its way back to Vancouver, I had to pick it up at the customs office because they thought it was a new watch purchase. The customs lady was really rude actually. Even when I showed the paperwork for it, she said she was sick of people trying to smuggle watches without filling out tax forms. Again, I reminded her that it was for warranty. She just looked away.

see in this case the problem was someone filled out the customs forms correctly.

add words like "parts" "repair" value of 24-45$ and ive personally never had a problem.

Using the description "watch return to sender for repair" with a ~50 value declaration is the best way to ensure no customs delays when buying/selling from forum members. Also helps to remove the strap (pack it in the same box) to make it look a little more 'in need of repair' to the untrained eye. Only ship via USPS / Canada-Post, and ask the seller to do the same.

When buying from trusted dealers just sit back and relax, they always fill in the forms correctly. It's the same cost to ship 1 or 2 watches from dealer, so always order 2 to spread out the shipping cost over multiple items, and make yourself even happier... go for 3 if you can, but sometimes that's an extra charge for 3 or more depending on size/weight of the watches.

Never use UPS, Fedex, etc... OMG what a nightmare. Don't ask why, just don't use them, period!

Edited by mt666tm

• 8 months later...

So far, I have had no hold ups shipping to Canada from any trusted dealers. There are some excellent tips in here about listing as return to sender for repair, or parts repairs, very sneaky. Shipping with EMS and CanadaPost I have had excellent luck and no customs issues and this is from someone who is flagged by customs for trying to sneak some new tires accross the border in Niagara Falls... Bad Canuck, Bad ;)