When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega SeaMaster Planet Ocean (clone ETA) with rubber strap from Marry

wagneralbert

I received my last Omega SeaMaster Planet Ocean (clone ETA) with rubber strap from Marry (watchinternational@gmail.com).

The watch is very pleasant to wear, well finished and very accurate.

A few pics with orange rubber strap :

001_P1060811.jpg

002_P1060813.jpg

003_P1060818.jpg

004_P1060862.jpg

005_ModifbraceletP1060846.jpg

006_P1060833.jpg

007_P1060835.jpg

008_P1060843.jpg

009_P1060868.jpg

The QC pics i received from marry :

IMG_5991.jpg

IMG_5992.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_5996.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

The communication and advices of marry were perfect as usual.

Edited by wagneralbert

I saw that, and checked my QC pics and was like, "Whew, I have the "T"... YES!." Then I also noticed the Omega logo on the clasp has one "Happy Foot" on the right and not on the left. I checked my QC pics and the angle of the watch in my pics is such that you can't really tell. So it could be that it is either fine, or it was an attempt to mask a flaw. I won't know until I get mine. I tried to look online, as I do not have access to the GEN, and I found so many different ones. It looks like the GEN has the happy feet on the clasp on some, has a flaw similar to this one in some cases, so I didn't mention it. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here.

When I get mine, if it has the clasp logo flaw, and if everything else is pretty good, I'll prob ably be all torn up and constantly look at it. I'm already thinking I need the dial and hands due to another thread. I am trying to resist the urge to find someone that can get their hands on Omega parts in the USA . for a reasonable price. I'd really like to get a GEN carbon fiber dial I have seen on some limited edition POs.

Thanks Time, I have my fingers crossed. That is the correct GEN isn't it, the Happy Feet on the clasp?

Even if it isn't, if it one or the other, "Happy Feet" or no "Happy Feet" it's OK, I would prefer the accurate one, but as long as it isn't One clown shoe, one amputated foot. Which is kind of like this one looks like, I'll be OK with it. Correction, I'll kind of have to be OK with it either way since it's here. LOL

I saw that, and checked my QC pics and was like, "Whew, I have the "T"... YES!." Then I also noticed the Omega logo on the clasp has one "Happy Foot" on the right and not on the left. I checked my QC pics and the angle of the watch in my pics is such that you can't really tell. So it could be that it is either fine, or it was an attempt to mask a flaw. I won't know until I get mine. I tried to look online, as I do not have access to the GEN, and I found so many different ones. It looks like the GEN has the happy feet on the clasp on some, has a flaw similar to this one in some cases, so I didn't mention it. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here.

When I get mine, if it has the clasp logo flaw, and if everything else is pretty good, I'll prob ably be all torn up and constantly look at it. I'm already thinking I need the dial and hands due to another thread. I am trying to resist the urge to find someone that can get their hands on Omega parts in the USA . for a reasonable price. I'd really like to get a GEN carbon fiber dial I have seen on some limited edition POs.

Hands and dial? How about that pearl? Apart of it being the biggest tell on these reps, I just can't look at it being off-center like that. :) Actually this is the reason I haven't got myself a PO until now.

EDIT: @wagneralbert Watch looks great though, congrats and wear it well.

Edited by Adeodatus

The pearls on the 45mm UPO's are almost always off centre, that one looks pretty good actually....in that it's not lopsided at least. The 42mms are better in terms of centring the pearls.

Also the happy feet issue just concerns the dial logo, the feet are accurate to gen on the bracelets/casebacks etc

the 45mm in orange is a little off on alot of points compared to a gen, bezel colour, dial number colour etc and all the usual stuff with upo's like the dials date window, pearl wrong etc etc lol the best 45 is either of the black bezel variants imho...the 42mm orange bezel version on the other hand is spot on-correct date window, centered pearl, correct colour on bezel and dial numbers and lots more good stuff..

to the OP, keep it on bracelet-the genuine rubber strap is only available in black, not orange...an instant tell to anyone whos knows their watches.unless you like the full on orange look and aint fussed what people think then go for it :)

I wish I would have known that about the orange bezel 42 mm. I would have just gotten that more accurate model & swapped the black bezel on. :disgust:

Where were you a week ago!

At least I don't have one that part of the "T" falls off if I "change the band."

Edited by WetWork

Mary (watchinternational) aka 'Marry' above :) has been a dealer on all the fora for quite a long time, I haven't used her for many years, found her a bit slow at times but I think she was one of the first...if not the first to introduce QC pics, which were then slowly adopted by all the other dealers. Not too sure how she is doing in reputation compared to the others lately but is still a favourite of many.

Can't say what the hell happened with that caseback but looks like it was opened along with others after QC (maybe to regulate, who knows) and was replaced with the first caseback on the workbench that came to hand??.

http://www.watch-international.com/

Yep, all those aftermarket bezels are crap, the pearl on the 42mm watch out of the box is usually better than most of them, on the other hand if you ask them for a bloody accurate centred one for a change and not to send any crap then they might make an effort, one or two bezels from these guys had decent enough pearls...as seen from mods on other forums on the 45mm PO's......still nothing like the gen though. The pearls on the 42mm are much better centred at least than the 45mm, doesn't really need a mod, unless it's a one off really bad one which would be rejected on qc pics.

The only perfect pearl is gen bezel....not even gen pearl transplanted in rep bezel...but full gen bezel.....a cool £200 these days :D