When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show me your 002 Please...

yoji112

My Humble and wildly inaccurate 002. This is in my top 3 favourite PAMs and is my go to watch on many occasions

p1020128k.jpg

p1020121b.jpg

p1020109e.jpg

p1020095t.jpg

p1020090h.jpg

To me this is "THE" Original Panerai pure and simple and well balanced.

I prefer these Sausage/ Painted dials over Sandwich and the sunken pre-v variety

Here is a Gen for comparisons

09j02902.jpg

09j02901.jpg

Notice how the CG is almost an extension of the curve of the case, it seems to flow better than the oversized brushed versions of the Pre's and Post G's.

The Polished CG just completes the watch. Though some might suggest the 390 is the new 002 the Vintage hands and placement of the "Panerai" don't cut it for me so your best bet might be a 112 as otherwise DSN might be your best option or the 000 if you dont mind a logo

ST4

Curious and curiouser , Yours has the same incorrect " O" as mine , Do you know the origins of your dial ?

You know I had never noticed that, so that makes me a...... :fool:

This is the original DSN dial from his 02a around 2008. My caseback is also DSN's latest with the correct 30ATM. The pictures isn't very well lit, the engraving is much better in real life.

Here is the original sales post from DSN with that dial....

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=18382

You know I had never noticed that, so that makes me a...... :fool:

This is the original DSN dial from his 02a around 2008. My caseback is also DSN's latest with the correct 30ATM. The pictures isn't very well lit, the engraving is much better in real life.

Here is the original sales post from DSN with that dial....

http://www.repgeek.c...ead.php?t=18382

Sorry Mate I didn't mean to spoil the relationship with your 002 , I dont think there are currently any better dials and yours has a top notch lume/patina . Its weird cos DSN is usually not bad on the font front . The T Swiss T is good though