When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OMEGA SEAMASTER 300 CHRONO (Black) REVIEW

opti

IMG_2931.jpg

OMEGA SEAMASTER 300 2008 CHRONOGRAPH REVIEW

Model: Stainless Steel Case, Black dial and bezel, stainless steel bracelet

Movement: Asian 7750 fully functional chronograph

Crystal: Sapphire Crystal

Case Diameter" 41.5mm

Just about everyone has the blue version of this watch, hugely popular due to it being the Bond color. I was about to pull the trigger on it myself, till the last minute I asked a few friends for opinions and they all liked the black more, so black it was. I wanted to put a review up of the more uncommon color so you guys can compare.

Straight off the bat, this is an excellent rep, in the super rep category. Not many tells on this watch. The main ones are that the chrono hands are slightly a little short, and the pearl not being centered in the triangle, which is a problem on every Omega rep.

There was an earlier version of this with the wrong Omega letereing, they were not connected together properly, and there was also a version with the "happy feet" Omega logo. Very please to say this dial is just about perfect, one of the best rep dials I have come across. Logos all correct, and a nice subtle wavy pattern.

IMG_2949.jpg

One of the tells with these models was the fact that the bracelet had screws instead of push pins like the Gen. My watch came with the correct push pin type bracelet. SO there is another improvement there. Bracelet isn't the smoothest I have had though, I have been spoiled with some great Breitling bracelets lately which makes this one slightly a bit under par. In terms of looks, its fine, just doesn't feel the best. A bracelet treatment is a must, and it will feel much better (helped mine quite a bit)

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

Lets open her up. First thing we see is the anti magnetic cover, just like the gen. Nice

IMG_2742.jpg

Here is the caseback. Really good work here, beautiful job. If your a real paranoid of being called out, it has the omega anti counterfeit etching under the Omega logo. Seamonster looks pretty good also.

IMG_2747.jpg

Inside of the caseback has all the correct engravings too. I love little touches like this, that most likely no ones going to see, but you know its there and gives you that warm feeling inside.... or maybe its just me.

IMG_2744.jpg

And the movement, very nice A7750 inside with decorated parts. Omega branding on the rotor and plates have nice machined swirls too, my picture really doesn't do this justice I'm afraid.

IMG_2745.jpg

And some extra pictures.

IMG_2941.jpg

I know the blue face is associated with Mr Bond, but the the black is really smart in a suit. I think the blue is more sporty looking and the black more professional.

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the review.

Thanks