When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 243 Diver - H Factory vs Noob Factory!

mikellem

Great news!

I wish they improve lume work better than 1st batch.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I understand this new batch isn't changing anything, just more of the same run with all the same flaws.

I still can't believe people are waiting on a version that will probably not address the issues. I'd be leary ordering a Noob version unitl I read some reviews on what was addressed if anything. Frankly I'd be [censored] if I ordered a first run and it lacked everything it claimed to have in the first place.

I don't honestly think anyone knows what changes if any there are going to be..

That's usually how the factories work.. When changes come about, this gives

the factories a way to hype the dealers...

It's all sales and psychology... ;)

Time will tell... Even if there were not any changes, the H bezel is so wrong

I wouldn't take it for free. I would take the Noob as it is if I had too...

MM

MM

I don't honestly think anyone knows what changes if any there are going to be..

That's usually how the factories work.. When changes come about, this gives

the factories a way to hype the dealers...

It's all sales and psychology... ;)

Time will tell... Even if there were not any changes, the H bezel is so wrong

I wouldn't take it for free. I would take the Noob as it is if I had too...

MM

MM

+1.

Not sure if its your particular Noob crystal that has issues but my 243 is spotlessly clear. Not comparing vs the H-fact version but based on the various pieces I have in my collection or pieces I've seen its more than not an issue. Far from any DSN hazy crystals.

IMG_5099.jpg

But if they are doing an upgrade for the dial, that would be useful.

That said, all the comments that the dial is not superlume need to be taken with a pinch of salt. I felt the same way till I did a comparison against a C3 lumed piece I have. Both faded out at the same intensity. H-fact may be added more lume or applying it better/thicker which gives it better glow.

IMG_5133.gif

Lume (1sec exposure, 3 min between shots)

At the end of the day, the bezel and <acronym title='Crown Guard'><acronym title='Crown Guard'><acronym title='Crown Guard'><acronym title='Crown Guard'><acronym title='Crown Guard'><acronym title='Crown Guard'><acronym title='Crown Guard'><acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym></acronym> are the dealbreakers for the H-factory IMO. The 243 is defined by these two aspects and the Noob nailed it.

I love these comparison threads (BTW - thanks Mikellem) and I usually don''t read them for humour, but come on! With a review of one watch we get a bunch of comments about how we have been "Deceived", the watch is full of "Flaws" real C3 wasn't used and we should "Wait for V2" :lol:

As much as we all love the QC pics sent to us from the suppliers, really? Do you really think there is a factory with a quality control division keeping an eye on things. These watches are put together in a room that is dimly lit by the soft glow of a '70s style TV while the guy doing it is puffing on a clove ciggy with a bowl of noodles on his "Work bench ". Do you really think you can draw all these conclusions based on one watch?

I ordered the noob 243L before the CNY and I am with unregistered on this one. Mine came with an awesome clear single sided AR'd crystal and the lume was as good as unregistered showed in his post compared to a gen with C3. I have watches AR'd by Chief and lumed by The Zigmeister to compare it to and I was stoked on how good the watch looked.

As far as the lume goes I can't tell you what they used, but as per my usual routine I set my watch on the nightstand with my other watches (About six or or so other Gens or Reps re-lumed with C-3) and sure enough, when I woke in the morning, before I turned on the light, that 243l looked as bright as the rest, if not brighter as it is new. I was definitely happy with the discharge rate. If it wasn't C3 , could someone tell me what it is becuase I am going to request it be used on my next re- lume! ;)

What impressed me most was the quality of the fit, feel & finish all the way around. This is something that will never translate in pictures that are posted to the Web and viewed on a computer screen no matter how good the pictures are.

Before we get all up in arms from one watch that was reviewed and claim we were "Deceived" and need a version 2, wouldn't it be prudent to remind ourselves these are Reps, not $8,000.00 Gens and there might, just might, be a few bad ones that make it through "QC"?

Right now, from the people who actually own the watch, the count is one thumbs down and two thumbs up. Not so sure we need a V2, you just need a little luck. And after all, isn't that life when buying a Rep?

I love my 243L and can't believe how far we have come in this little hobby of ours collecting "Fake" watches :lol:

Edited by jake48

I love these comparison threads (BTW - thanks Mikellem) and I usually don''t read them for humour, but come on! With a review of one watch we get a bunch of comments about how we have been "Deceived", the watch is full of "Flaws" real C3 wasn't used and we should "Wait for V2"

As much as we all love the QC pics sent to us from the suppliers, really? Do you really think there is a factory with a quality control division keeping an eye on things. These watches are put together in a room that is dimly lit by the soft glow of a '70s style TV while the guy doing it is puffing on a clove ciggy with a bowl of noodles on his "Work bench ". Do you really think you can draw all these conclusions based on one watch?

I ordered the noob 243L before the CNY and I am with unregistered on this one. Mine came with an awesome clear single sided AR'd crystal and the lume was as good as unregistered showed in his post compared to a gen with C3. I have watches AR'd by Chief and lumed by The Zigmeister to compare it to and I was stoked on how good the watch looked.

As far as the lume goes I can't tell you what they used, but as per my usual routine I set my watch on the nightstand with my other watches (About six or or so other Gens or Reps re-lumed with C-3) and sure enough, when I woke in the morning, before I turned on the light, that 243l looked as bright as the rest, if not brighter as it is new. I was definitely happy with the discharge rate. If it wasn't C3 , could someone tell me what it is becuase I am going to request it be used on my next re- lume!

What impressed me most was the quality of the fit, feel & finish all the way around. This is something that will never translate in pictures that are posted to the Web and viewed on a computer screen no matter how good the pictures are.

Before we get all up in arms from one watch that was reviewed and claim we were "Deceived" and need a version 2, wouldn't it be prudent to remind ourselves these are Reps, not $8,000.00 Gens and there might, just might, be a few bad ones that make it through "QC"?

Right now, from the people who actually own the watch, the count is one thumbs down and two thumbs up. Not so sure we need a V2, you just need a little luck. And after all, isn't that life when buying a Rep?

I love my 243L and can't believe how far we have come in this little hobby of ours collecting "Fake" watches

So true! We should not forget that we are talking about replicas!

Great thread and interesting info here.

One aspect which has not been covered is the construction of the watch.

From comparisons of other H/N Pams I have noted considerable differences inside the watch. For a dive watch that really matters.

I would like to see which is the better internal construction and which would stand the pressure best ... if at all (!).

To me functionality is far more important than thickness of the numbers on the dial.

• 3 weeks later...