When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's the since in giving us QC pictures if the one time you say something...

tabularasa415

...they just argue with you and tell you it's fine?!?!? I just bought a vintage Explorer II from Joshua for my vintage 1675 project and the bottom lug holes were drilled waaay off and it shows and I asked him to find a better example and I was met with

"Hi,

This is meant to be a vintage watch .. the end links are loose hollow design.. it will not have a perfect fit ..

It is like this for the genuine as well.

Can i proceed ?"

I understand that it's not going to be perfect and I'm going to have it modded, but the closer it is to start the better the end result. Am I way off base here? Check out these pictures... (And it's not just in these pictures. Others he sent demonstrate the top being pretty good and the bottom being way off)

topju.jpg

bottomlv.jpg

And don't get me wrong. He said he'll find another one, but I feel like that should have been the first response. I've only bought new reps from him, and I've never once rejected QC pics. It's just a little annoying considering I know I pay extra for his additional steps of care, when I try to make use of one of them and he argues with me. Meh!

i dont really see josh's response as argumentative, just explaining in plain english that its how it should look, then asking after explaining this do you want to proceed...if you've then said no find me another and josh is doing this, then thats pretty good in my eyes. sometimes the emails like "noted i will proceed" etc may sound a little abrupt but its plain text and easy for everyone to understand-it can however come across as short and argumentative but im sure that isn't the case :)

not sure whats ment to be wrong with the lug holes, everything looks acceptable to me but im no vintage rolex expert, these are reps though so some things will never be exactly spot on-if they were, who would ever buy a gen?! but they are close and great to enjoy...anyway im sure josh will help you out and hope you find one with the lugs your after!

Eh... You guys are probably right. I think I've become an insane perfectionist. This could be explained by the fact I send every watch I purchase off to PBdad and then my smith bc I can't stand sharp edges on bracelets and movements running more than a minute off a day.

I sent Joshua this:

Joshua,

My friend, I apologize for being difficult. After reviewing the pictures again, I've decided the watch is fine. I'm actually going to be drilling the lug holes out to make it look authentic anyhow, so I will get the end pieces the way I want them then. Please accept my apology for being what we Americans refer to as a PITA (pain in the ass).

--Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found josh to be very pushy...

Once I found a very obvious black mark on a white hand. I asked for more photos and to confirm that it's not just the photo. He ignored the request and said something along the lines "dont worry it's just a reflection can I proceed?" - say line he gave tabularasa. I gave the benefit of doubt. When I got the watch....hand had the mark on it.

I've found josh to be very pushy...

Once I found a very obvious black mark on a white hand. I asked for more photos and to confirm that it's not just the photo. He ignored the request and said something along the lines "dont worry it's just a reflection can I proceed?" - say line he gave tabularasa. I gave the benefit of doubt. When I got the watch....hand had the mark on it.

Hehe same thing has happened for me. I have a question, get answer: "all is good"... receive the watch.. all is not good.

But to his defense i can say that i have been able to replace the watches and even get refunds. Its almost like the one answering emails is not the same person that actually do the qc.

That could very well be. I guess my contention is that wouldn't it be more efficient and less costly to get it right the first time, taking more care with the QC pictures and customer satisfaction of them? For instance, I work in a restaurant. Last night, I previewed 2 steaks to the kitchen well-done with no char (I know, I know...) a half hour before I was ready to fire their entree course. I did this so that they could have well-done steaks with no char -- it takes a lot longer to cook this way. Well, my broil chef didn't get them started because he forgot that I had previewed it, and then he tried to rush their entrees out. I had to take their entrees back to the kitchen twice. I insisted we buy their entire check (almost $400). Now, had he taken care to prepare their entrees correctly, and even after screwing up still prepare them correctly, I would not have had to buy the check and they would have been much happier. Would it have taken longer to get their dinner out? Yes, but I can keep them happy while they wait for their main course as opposed to having to look like a tool taking their dinner back and forth to the kitchen.

The moral of the story? Being more thorough in the beginning of a transaction yields less time/cost fixing stupid mistakes. It also saves me from chewing on a broil chef's rear end :gun2:

Josh is the best. If your smart you will realize the language barrier and proceed with that in mind.

He's not pushy or trying to pull a fast one on you. You just have to word your questions with this on mind and read his response accordingly. He's one of the best dealers out there.

I've had similar problems with other TDs to be honest; you point out a potential problem spotted in the QC pics, they gloss over it and tell you they have checked the watch and it's actually fine. Watch turns up, and as you suspect, the problem is in fact there. Very frustrating... as OP said, why even bother sending QC pics if they are not prepared to change the watch for you. I understand some people are unreasonable, but when you are talking about high value reps then you want them to be as right as other peoples are.

I understand they aren't going to be perfect, but when there is something silly there, and you are paying $300-$600 for a replica, you kind of want it to be as decent as we know they can be.