When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Steelfish?

darth

Just got the watch from Andrew, and i must say it's even better than i've hoped.

The AR is one of the best I've seen on reps.

The dial and numerals are gorgeous.

The watch just looks amazing as a whole.

Sure, the bezel engravings could be deeper, but they're so precise and sharp, so it makes up for it.

Ever since my v1 sosf was stolen, I've been waiting for a good rep to come out, and i'm glad I've waited, it's a very good watch.

Just got the watch from Andrew, and i must say it's even better than i've hoped.

The AR is one of the best I've seen on reps.

The dial and numerals are gorgeous.

The watch just looks amazing as a whole.

Sure, the bezel engravings could be deeper, but they're so precise and sharp, so it makes up for it.

Ever since my v1 sosf was stolen, I've been waiting for a good rep to come out, and i'm glad I've waited, it's a very good watch.

Without pics it never happened... :)

When you're right, you're right...

I didn't have the time to size it yet, so the true photo shoot will come later.

For now, I hope this iphone "wrist shot" would do...

mind you, the lume filling is the same color in all the markers, what you see in the photo is light and shade...

and btw, trust me, I can't do justice to the beauty of the dial with photos.

8d982ce1.jpg

Edited by kramerica2
  • Like 1

Thanks..

The only thing I dislike about the watch, is the bracelet. AFAIK, the gen bracelet isn't that great as well, but it just feels flimsy compared to the rather hefty watch.

I remember that it bothered me in the old one as well, but I guess I'll get used to it. My other watches are mainly Omegas, gens and reps, and their bracelets just feel better.

Other than that, it really is a top notch rep. More expensive than most reps, but you do get more - better AR (really almost on par with my gen PO) and much better lume.

AFAIK, the gen bracelet isn't that great as well

the gen bracelet is very well made - fit, finish, weight...there's no comparison to rep bracelets...i own a gen blue steelfish...i also own a few steelfish reps and the difference between the gen and rep bracelet is night and day...i will add, tho, that the earlier versions of the steelfish bracelet are better than the later versions...tough to tell about this one...

Here's a pix of my v1 swiss/best rep dial...i just checked on my other v1 swiss reps (silver, black, blue) and they are similar - but not exact - as this one...there's at least a couple v1/early release dials out there...

imag0172rhm.jpg

There are definitely differences between the new v2 and my v1s...check out the '13'-'23" printing and '6', '9' and '12' markers...for starters...but i will say, i like the new v2 dial...it would be crazy to do - not that i'm known for that - but i think this is another mix/match...take the dial/movement/dw from the v2 and transplant into the v1 case...

imag0172rhmboth.jpg

097cdcca.jpg

My new watch from Sead, Im very happy with the transaction, fast shipping and Sead was nice enough to give 10$ of since there was a limit for my WU bill. I'm looking for leather braclet, any one know a good place?. I like strong colurs like pink, red.