When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sunburst Blue DJ

jmb

I have always loved dark blue dials and have always wanted to build a Franken Blue Sunburst DJ. Unfortunately, after haunting fleabay for the past couple of years I've never seen a blue dial for under a couple hundred bucks and most of them are well north of that amount. I finally decided that I would have to settle for a pure rep. I e-mailed my parts guy and told him what I was looking for and when he sent me pics of this dial I just had to have it! I had wanted a blue dial with silver stick markers but when I saw the pic of this dial I fell in love with it. I normally don't like Roman dials as I have often seen examples that had crooked looking markers, etc., but I decided to take a chance and ordered a few of 'em - I wasn't disappointed!

For this build I used a 2836 case and my last "real" ETA 2836 with my best DW overlay. I used a set of rep hands but stripped the stock lume from them and applied some Luminova. There were no "surprises" for a change and of this I was most grateful! Since this is a no lug hole sapphire build I am going to order a newer style solid end-link DJ bracelet for this but for the time being I think it looks great on the "vintage style" Jubilee.

Here's a few pics:

Blue%20DJ%201.jpg

Blue%20DJ%202.jpg

Blue%20DJ%203.jpg

Blue%20DJ%204.jpg

Blue%20DJ%205.jpg

Blue%20DJ%206.jpg

That watch is total class! Somewhere in my AD catalog collection, I believe I have one where the same watch is shown. The blue-Roman really makes it!

Speaking of blue dials, today I saw a SS TOG with a cotton candy blue dial at an estate jewelry store. That was one very interesting combo.

Be sure to show us your DJ once you have the SEL bracelet on.