When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is it with the wall clocks around the wrist

gasebah

Hi,

over the last decade watches have grown and grown in diameter. For me, having a very slim wrist for a man it partially ruins the watch hobby as there is only a very small fraction of watches I can even consider. I have to stop at 40mm in size. Anything else just looks ridiculous on my wrist (and on the wrists of some others who don't seem to notice). Today I have seen the Hamilton Khaki Base jump which has a diameter of 50mm. What's next? Pedulum clocks with a leather strap?

-Alex

Hi,

over the last decade watches have grown and grown in diameter. For me, having a very slim wrist for a man it partially ruins the watch hobby as there is only a very small fraction of watches I can even consider. I have to stop at 40mm in size. Anything else just looks ridiculous on my wrist (and on the wrists of some others who don't seem to notice). Today I have seen the Hamilton Khaki Base jump which has a diameter of 50mm. What's next? Pedulum clocks with a leather strap?

-Alex

I think of it as making a statement "Hey everyone look at me I have a BIGGER one then you" and I am refering to watches :inverted:

Its better to have a small wrist since hen you can wera the classic watches like the PATEKs and IWCs better...the big watches is just to look modern, young and sporty

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I was a huge pam fan in the past, everything under 44mm was crazy for me!

Now days its totely the other way, everything over 40mm is crazy!

My pam days and everything over 40mm is to big and to much. Thouse days are gone for sure, never again will i wrist on anything over 40mm.

Darn, I guess I wont be showing off my Vac big pilot I have sitting in my mailbox at the moment. I have a 7 1/2 wrist and feel

very comfortable wearing up to 47mm any thing over that is a little ridiculous imho but to each their own. I would think you would have many options for 40-42mm i.e. Rolex, Omega, Panerai, IWC, Breitling and so on.

I love em big and not below 40mm (big wrists at 7 3/4"). I rarely wear my Invicta Reserve, not because its a 52mm version, but its like carrying 6 cans off beer around everywhere i go. My B&R BR01 is managable but my Pam 'Ghost' is just perfect. 44 - 48mm for me :)

Everyone is different i guess and its what feels right on the wrist.

min 42mm for me, or it just deosnt feel right, and 47mm max. I have a 7.5 inch wrist, so larger watches look more masculine and anything under 40mm looks like a ladies watch....

that is the same as me..... i just feel comfortable in anything smaller than 40mm.

but i guess if i was wearing a suit for work everyday, which i'm not then maybe bigish watches might be annoying..

min 42mm for me, or it just deosnt feel right, and 47mm max. I have a 7.5 inch wrist, so larger watches look more masculine and anything under 40mm looks like a ladies watch....

Same for me, except I have an 8" wrist so I'd go 48mm max. Anything 40mm and under looks far too small on my wrist.

I say people should wear whatever there comfortable wearing. My preference Is between a 43mm-46mm.

But some of these bigger watches really look silly on some people. About six months ago I saw this guy wearing a Nixon while dinning out one evening...Im not sure what model it was.. but It had to be at least 52mm...If not bigger.

It looked like a clown watch on this guys wrist...I mean the case of the watch was bigger than his fist. I honestly dont know what these people are thinking when they purchase these things.

Oh well...to each his own I guess.

The picture below looks exactly like the guys wrist at the restaurant. :rolleyes:

Mike

post-19368-0-57218200-1330286100.jpg