When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new Rolex Sky-dweller

gmtlover

That actually wouldn't be all that hard to rep. Drive the GMT circle-thing off the calendar gear, just like the GMT'ed 2836 works. It looks like there's room.

PS: I meant it looks to me like it wouldn't be all that hard to get a working "GMT ring" like the one shown; I don't mean that we'd get things like bezel control of functions.

It is essentially a Yacht-Master III (I am 1 of the few who loved the YMII) & it is interesting, but I definitely would have it with a plain bezel. Any decoration there makes the watch look too busy/finnicky.

Red - With the Daytona, they just replicated the damage they did to the 116520. I am sure Steven Tyler already has 1 of these new 1s.

I had not watched the video when I posted my original comment above. But now that I see how the bezel (& watch) works, I recind my previous bezel comment. The watch needs that bezel, as it is part of its function. So, in that case, to reduce its busy appearance, I would replace the Roman numbers with Arabic numbers or bars. But, even as it is, now that I see how it works (love the idea of not having to manually correct for differing days in months, but the jumping hour hand in the video seems to slightly miss each hour marker by a bit, which is unusual for a Rolex :g: ), I like it. But in steel or white gold/platinum only.

i thought it was a joke at first, the first pic i saw was on another forum and i thought someone photoshopped something ugly together just to be ironic, but lo and behold its a real production watch.

its pretty ug mo but the engineering and technical ability of that movement is amazing. (remember its all mechanical)

just watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ESKmhfXAtU&feature=player_embedded

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

I thought from the picture that it was just a GMT function, but what they've integrated is a perpetual calendar as well, along with the bezel function selection, which is pretty smooth and very clever.

Love the idea, don't like the look or the execution. The fluted bezel has never done it for me.

A pic of the watch, for those too lazy to click on the link:

31c37d95-d597-dc83.jpg

I think the ceramic no date sub is appealing. Would expect to see decent reps in a year or 2.

Should not take too long.

The case has grown a little and would be the part to get hold of to copy the shapes.

Bezel then is easy...

Dee