When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 1675 gmt Thread, post em pleas ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I post very little in the Rolex subforum these days...  Some photos of my circa '66 (give or take) unmolested original.  I've had this watch for 20+ years.  It's been all over the world with me numerous times.  Yes, the small GMT hand is original to the watch.  I am the 2nd owner, my grandfather bought this watch new and never had it serviced until I took possession of it.  The small hand usage on a '65-'66 was due to Rolex finding caches of unused parts whilst cobbling up watches.  Interesting anecdotes for the nutty & insane collectors like you reading these words!

Bracelet isn't original to the watch.  It came with a folded Jubilee which I still have (most comfortable bracelet I have ever owned).

img3911y.jpg

img3902p.jpg

rolex1675.jpg

l1000592.jpg

rolex16755513.jpg

^^ beautiful ^^ This was a 16753 I regretfully sold a couple of years ago. It originally had a matte dial till I sent it to RSC for servicing and it came back with a gloss dial. Needless to say I wasn't very happy about it. 02.jpg

Ohh that's terrible about the 16753!  The last time I had my 1675 serviced by RSC BH was back in the early 2000s.  They told me that that was the last time they'd service my watch without replacing my original dial and hands.  Since then, my independent watchmaker serviced the watch every 4 yrs.

Rolex has ZERO respect for their heritage & history.  

Now IWC Service on the other hand...  100% support for vintage watches!

Edited by Eunomians