When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 1675 gmt Thread, post em pleas ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

• 4 weeks later...

Heres my 1675

Build specs
Base watch 1675 Cartel Pepsi bezel.

Mods
Softening the case/bracelet
CG's reworked.
Age the case
Drill lug holes and mod bracelet for 2mm spring bars.
Clark's Bezel assembly.
Clark's Crystal
Polex Pete Open 6's and 9's silver DWO.
WSO bezel aged.
Brand new ETA 2846 Low beat movement installed
Relume hands to match the patina on dial
install GEN 1675 MK1 Dial.
Rafflestime case back.

Onto the pics!
2a7dgkm.jpg
24y8ln8.jpg

• 6 months later...

Heres my 1675

Build specs

Base watch 1675 Cartel Pepsi bezel.

Mods

Softening the case/bracelet

CG's reworked.

Age the case

Drill lug holes and mod bracelet for 2mm spring bars.

Clark's Bezel assembly.

Clark's Crystal

Polex Pete Open 6's and 9's silver DWO.

WSO bezel aged.

Brand new ETA 2846 Low beat movement installed

Relume hands to match the patina on dial

install GEN 1675 MK1 Dial.

Rafflestime case back.

Onto the pics!

2a7dgkm.jpg

24y8ln8.jpg

Love this... nice build. I am always impressed with authentic looking builds that are not budget blowers :-)

• 2 weeks later...

New 1675 is on the streets!

Build starts as a P2P (thx Konadoc) and a small pile of spare parts and tools for my high end 1675 that's awaiting completion.post-11567-0-65479300-1419374268_thumb.j
Stripped the original watch down, then built it up while vectoring through the odd challenge and lost click springs x4.
On the first tear n build I snapped a drill bit opening up the lugs then I killed the keyless works and eventually date function on two dg3804s.
Fresh parts came in last week and was able to add a new movement.post-11567-0-83949800-1419374308_thumb.j
I drilled out the broken bit then took the case sides and rehaut from 1200 grit up to 12000 grit, finished with GHE semichrpme polish. All done by hand, looks great, mirror finish with a softened case and CGs . Two small tool marks squeaked by, If I would of started at 600 grit they would of polished right out.
A Clark 116 fit the case but had to glued into a the provided "U shaped seat". Clark also supplied the blue insert. She needed a little OD shave to get it to fit just right.
The bezel has been a challenge, its one of those non gen spec hexagon wire clip things. First, I glued the bezel to the case "Damn the POS wire/spring/clip". Yesterday I cleaned off the glue and miracled it back on with no glue, the trick seemed to be to reduce the diameter of the clip and press. (Trial and error). In retrospect you would leave the insert off to ensure the spring clip gets into place securing the bezel. However because the insert was perfect and firmly attached. I was not going to force it off and risk bending the insert. Hence miracles and glue. At the end of the day I don't like the shape of the bezel but throwing any more cash at it would be a waste.post-11567-0-97853800-1419374332_thumb.j
Greased the gaskets with some tasty seiko lithium and added a new & very nice Yuki 93153 bracelet .
Totals for the build
Watch $160. Clark 116 and insert $25. DG3804-$40. Yuki strap $70

Not bad, I absolutely need a full red GMT hand, please post a link if you have a source.

post-11567-0-59416500-1419374396_thumb.j

post-11567-0-92713700-1419374361_thumb.j

• 1 year later...
On 1/1/2015 at 9:55 AM, Beachcomber said:

Here's mine that arrived e other day as well. af000da80ccebd5b727aa1ff1405c310.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you order that from?? details??

I'm in the market for a 1675, if any of you are looking to sell, feel free to PM me!

Edited by watchnutz