When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Took a Gamble. Stay Tuned to See How it turns out.

grew

Hello, may I say that it is a very fantastic pick up and a nice job you are doing to restore this piece. Great respect to you! May I ask how you were able to remove the fixed links on the bracelet as shown on the 3rd photo? What type of tools do you use and what are the methods? Thanks!

The folded/fixed links, because they are gold are very very easy to manipulate safely if they are heated up. Almost scalding hot water enables you to manipulate the gold without doing any damage to it and making it much easier to take it apart and put it back together.

The folded/fixed links, because they are gold are very very easy to manipulate safely if they are heated up. Almost scalding hot water enables you to manipulate the gold without doing any damage to it and making it much easier to take it apart and put it back together.

Thanks for the reply boss, its really a new knowledge for me. Good job on the restoration! very nice classic indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Watch got Sent to The Zigmeister for full service and Band got sent to Michael Young for restoration.

I will update this thread when I get each part back.

Can't believe how cheap this is going to wind up being! My best pickup ever IMO