When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Same old question...vintage Rolex wise

Akira

Hello folks,

being a big admirer of the vintage Rolex builts, members have performed on this board, I'm looking for my 5512PCG options.

I have a gilt dial after gen specs, gen superdome T19 and gen crown.

I want it to look like LHOOQ's, because naturally - I want to be just like him wub.png

I have read a lot about MBW's - but still don't quite understand what the deal with those MBK 5512's from BKK is.

Reg still can source them and I've heard they take gen parts without big modifications.

So, since Josh's 5512 is way out of specs... Are these current MBK's worth the money? Or is buying a used MBW from

an member the only chance?

If so... :whistling:

Cheers

Akira

Edited by Akira

Hi

resonably well and is bidirectional.

Funny you should mention the end links. It doesn't actually touch the bezlel.

However, I complained to Reg about it after I got it as you can see its been forced in particularly at the 5.o'clcok, and in fact it turned out that the springbar doesn't really go into the lughole there.

I feel he should have spotted this.

The end link is 503B - Is that the wrong one?

I have a gilt dial after gen specs, gen superdome T19 and gen crown. I want it to look like LHOOQ's, because naturally - I want to be just like him wub.png

Dreaming is free, kid, but I'm not the one hanging around fashion models in Manhattan! :)

I'm no expert on MBWs (I just wear one!), but the biggest differences I see appear to be the pearl and the rehaut. Is it just me?

I'm no MBW expert but I have done a pile of research on them and own three.

All of mine are older original versions and I've never had a newer one to compare, but everything I've read has stated they are not the same dimensions and gen parts need modding to fit. That's why I've bought mine second hand. I don't know that there are any real problems modding them though.

Oh yeah.. I wanna be just like LHOOQ too :)

Also... Pics of supermodels Akira!!

To be honest this new and old MBW/MBK thing confuses me as I had an old one as a 1680 with lug engraving 5513 which I converted to a 5513 and then uses a newer case engraved 1680 which I used to build my 1680 and modeled after my gen and all the parts swapped over no problems so I don't think there is a difference

"To be honest this new and old MBW/MBK thing confuses me as I had an old one as a 1680 with lug engraving 5513 which I converted to a 5513 and then uses a newer case engraved 1680 which I used to build my 1680 and modeled after my gen and all the parts swapped over no problems so I don't think there is a difference."

I just looked at my 'new' MBK 1680 Polex L382301 and it has an eta signed etaclone 2836-2 of some sort.

If they used the same 2836-2 movement with the dial spacer still attached and day/date guts removed in the 5513...the cases are internally the same except maybe for the dial window as the 1680 dial is 26.5mm and the 5513 is 26.0mm iirc.

The mvt/dial is still in mine so I did not measure the dial window diameter.

old MBW refers to the classic 1680s (which where basically 5513s) and SDs

the newer MBKs are the 5513/5512s - the cases are too fat and require a lot of work to get them right - but they have still 1:1

construction -

and after a lot of work the best option for the $$ - but a lot of works means complete overwork of the middle case - hours of work.

the JOSH case btw is nicer and more correct to gen sprecs than the new MBW 5513 case expect for the CGs .... which can be fixed up

pretty good and easy.

you can try Yuki - but the price is too crazy imho and you newer know what to expect.

cheers,

Frank