When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Project Teaser

Ronin

Oh crap, I want one of those so bad! Bakelite bezel? Tell me more. That dial is unreal good. Swiss rather than -T<25 must mean service dial? You are the GMT Master!

Nope, still a rep as it has drunken X! Would be with first series 1675...

Also the famous exclamation mark dials were only marked swiss.

Apart of the X extremely nice :1a:

Dee

Thanks guys. JoeyB has a PM.

Finding a 1030-GMT is looking to be a challenge. :|

To add, "SWISS" originally designated "Radium" lumed dials ~before~ it became a Service/Modern dial standard again.

"SWISS" originally designated "Radium" lumed dials

Dials containing the SWISS - T < 25 sig do indicate lume content, but I do not believe there is a direct correlation between a SWISS sig & lume content. Nearly all Swiss-made watches prior to 1970 carried the 'SWISS' sig, regardless of whether there was lume (regardless of content) or not.

Finding a 1030-GMT is looking to be a challenge. :|

Challenge? More like a life-long quest, & you best have extremely deep pockets if/when you do find 1. After an extensive search, ultimately, I had to modify a standard 1036 & it took me more than 2 years to locate all the required parts (about a dozen - you might search out my Phase II 6542 threads for details)

002-2_2__tonemapped1.jpg

(2846-powered Phase 1 at right)

6542zx0011.jpg

Fortunately, I received the last part just days before Rolex tightened their grip on parts account holders. In the words of a long-time watchmaker friend - 'Now I need to report every month every watch I handle .they then compare my material order to the watches'. So be prepared for an even longer & more difficult struggle than I experienced.

I am seeing that. I also read about the issue you had with the calendar ring not being the same. Sigh....

This will most likely be a 1yr 'minimum' to amass the parts needed. I may do an interim DG3804 power or Zodiac, if I get desperate.

I can only seem to find your Phase I, Phase 1.2, Executive Cabin, posts. Any keyword I should search for for Phase II?