When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta 2678 in a 3135 case?

w.genzo

Hi guys,

I have a couple of dj 16200 cases and I would like to fit an eta mov and a gen dial inside, without trimming the dial feet. Now I guess that the only options are a SA3135, too pricey, or a 2678+custom mov holder with dial feet holes as TC was showing on his Sub. I heard that there could be some stem issue because it's a thicker movement. Does anybody finally knows if a 2678 stem aligns properly to be fitted easily in a gen 3135 case? Another option could be to do the gen like holes in a 2824-2 mov, but too risky for me..

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

I would be interested in this solution as well. The Asian 3135 is too expensive as you can't buy it without buying a whole watch, plus it does not seem to be terribly well built. The biggest problem though is likely that the stems are not like any other and impossible to source from anywhere else.

I got an answer from TC meanwhile, and unfortunately a 2678 would not fit.

So the only solution is a SA3135, expensive and too risky imho or a 2824-2 but cutting the gen dial feet.

I'm working with my watchmaker to drill the holes in a 2824-2 movement, will update as soon as he finds a solution.

Unless you are planning to disassemble the watch and sell off the dial later, does it really matter?

I could understand it if was a rare dial that brought tons of cash in the resale market, but in the case of a DateJust dial, not so much of a worry. I'm in the middle of a DJ build myself right now, and haven't given it a thought.

Edited by tomhorn

You can always remove the feet from the gen dial. You can buy a pack of dial feet from cas-ker co. 800 487 0408 part number 10040 made by bergeon. You get 100 for about $15.00 Simply set the feet in the movement then grind a small trought where the new feet attach. If you don't the dial will not fit flush on the movement, it will rock a little. Add a small amount of jewelers epoxy on top of the dial feet and set your dial on top, align canon pinon and calender window and let harden. I think you will be very pleased. Good luck