When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone making a good Sea-Dweller?

Prsist

I'm not the anal-retentive type when it comes to minor flaws but the new superlumed SD that the cartel dealers have is pretty dang good IMO. I have 2 Noob factory Super Sea Dwellers V2 (discontinued) and 2 of these new SD's and they are hard to tell apart visually. With a slight crown guard trim and a watch material pearl this one is pretty good.

The casebacks and bezels of the new SD will fit the older SSD, these are the only parts I've tried so far. I think it goes to show just how close the two models are that the parts can be interchanged.

Today I recieved my ordered one (Sead) and as long year wearing a gen one the main points immediately popping out are:

- crystal too high and angled wrong

- crown not closing close enough to case

- bracelet too worn out + having Sub typical 1/2 link

- fit of the He-V a bit rough

- pearl lume reaching too fat above the surrounding

So I'll have my watchmaker screw in the tube a little more and replace the crystal - if possible - by a Sternkreutz one...

For anyone not knowing the watch in details only crystal and crown would pop out.

Dee

Good points Dee. The crown on mine was swapped with a gen and it really looks much better now. The factory crown was too tall/long and the gen is perfect and screws down flush with the case. The crystal is the only real troublesome problem, member "watcher" did a tear down review and tried to use a gen crystal but it wouldn't fit (or an aftermarket). He eventually modded the watch and made it fit by tossing out the crystal gasket and using UV glue to hold the crystal in.

I'll just keep the original crystal because I don't want to have to toss the gasket and glue the crystal in. Also the only aftermarket crystal available is the Clarks and it's mineral glass. Another down side of the swap it will scratch easily...

Wait for a 3135 based version.. with Eta you can never get the crown position and the rehaut correct due to the movement dimensions and winder position.

If your not going to mod the SD with gen parts or "franken" it I'd stay the heck away from the SA3135! There are several threads on it's flaws. The new SD is not available with the 3135 yet anyway so get the Asian ETA clone 2836. Then trim the CG's and put in a Watch Material pearl and you're set!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this seadweller any good http://www.1-pc8838....er-p-11801.html it has swiss eta2836-2 movement. I can't find a review of it on here. What are the flaws with this one.

Thanks

That is the current best one out there. Not as good as the SSD in my opinion, but it has it's points. There are several reviews and comparisons on here and the other forums.

• Like 1

I'm actually thinking of getting the sea dweller (smaller than the sd deep sea ) because I have fairly skinny wrists. I just didn't know that they come without a ceramic bezel.

I'm not looking to do any mods so I might just get the one I posted in the above link.

Thanks for the education :)